Mad Max 4 News

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Mad Max 4 News

Postby WastedFuture » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:45 am

I vote NO to CGI every time too. Hate it. Only into old movies pretty much anyway.
Can’t stand all the gutless wonders and Politically Correct brainwashing in new movies…

So I’m really pessimistic about this Mad Max 4… sure they’ll use tons of CGI junk. It’s as though they can’t help it… they make movies by committee nowadays… all their goofy ideas about making as much money as possible by pandering to the dumbest of lame brain audiences… disgusting groupthink policies.
Having a congruent and powerful story that is plausible (and will not become embarrassingly dated by next year when CGI effects advance a little bit more) is just not on these low life bum producers radar screens. :x

Every movie has to be jam packed with idiotic dialog, strange PC morality judgments, unbelievable casting arrangements, lousy actors who don’t believe in the story, posers and phonies of every kind littering the cast... Wow. These times are just not conducive to the production of great films anymore I say. Depressing but strangely appropriate. After all… we are heading towards an actual realization of the Mad Max films right? ;) The long dismal slide into a WastedFuture of brown dust... blown by howling winds across nuked ruins... 8-)
WastedFuture

Postby blackmocco » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:27 am

Also let's keep in mind how much less insurance is required on a movie set when you don't have real stunt drivers performing real stunts that could potentially go wrong. I agree that CG removes any element of risk and reality to a movie and I hate it for that but let's be honest. If MMIV is ever a go, there'll be plenty of CG stuntwork...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."
blackmocco

Postby blackmocco » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:32 am

thinnng wrote:FURY ROAD co-writer and storyboard artist Brendan McCarthy states that in his view, the 4th installment will be "the true follow-up to Mad Max 2" - To differentiate it from the misstep of Beyond Thunderdome. McCarthy calls Fury Road a "serious, savage, sexy and surreal sequel". He also promises, " a raw, kinetic assault that will take you to that world of manic Mad Max mayhem. You've got a great movie barrelling down the freeway at you in a few years time."

Any chance anyone knows how to see some of these visuals or will they always be tightly-guarded...? I love McCarthy's work. His Judge Dredd was just class...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."
blackmocco

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road