Mad Max 4 News

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Mad Max 4 News

Postby nightrider541 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:12 pm

Taken from The Age newspaper today is an article on up comming releases for 2006 and mentions George Millers flicks:

'...Another film on the penguin theme is Happy Feet (December), a computer-animated comedy by George Miller that tells the tale of an emperor penguin who tries making up for his lack of singing ability by tap dancing his way across the permafrost. (Miller is also in pre-production for Mad Max 4, which, let's face it, is the news we really want to hear.)'

Hope its a good sign...

link to article: http://www.theage.com.au/news/film/waddling-into-a-cinema-near-you/2006/01/12/1136956294014.html

raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Mad Max 4 News

Postby MFP559 » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:24 pm

Let's hope the pre-production doesn't drag on for too much longer. Wait till you hear it's in production before getting too excited. I sincerely hope he drags some of the old MM1 props out of his garage for this one. He's evidently still got all the leathers & sh*t.
"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

Mad Max 4 News

Postby nightrider541 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:37 am

I think it will definatly go into production my only main concern is that Mel Gibson is involved with this project i know he's working on apocolypto at the moment not sure if its finished yet but i hope he agree's to play Max again.Besides he owes George a favour for getting recognised in Hollywood by the mad max movies...
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Mad Max 4 News

Postby Biker » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:23 am

"... owes George a favour" doesn't show up on any written contract however moral or ethical an arguement you put forward. If Mel does do it it's because either the Pope says "Mel do it." or he finds a reason for needing another $25 million in the bank.

Yes it is positive news that MM4 is mentioned but according to some of the DVD's docus I have the preproduction process could drag on for months so this could be a loooong time coming. Mel could have his current film and another wrapped up by the time filming for MM4 begins... and he ain't looking any younger. We watched Lethal Weapon 2 last night., Alison, my partner, said he looked gorgeous back then, I have to agree he WAS very good looking but from current pix I've seen on him he's looking more like Saddam every day. Hardly the Max I remember seeing.

I dunno I see another Thunderdome with masses of outrageous CGI work on the cards for this film. Hollywood just can't help themselves they have to try and out do each other in the wow factor. The true fans approval of it comes some way down the list of priorities.

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Mad Max 4 News

Postby MFP559 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:59 pm

Getting slightly off topic here but regarding all this CGI crap, if the powers that be in Hollywood would do a survey of a broader demographic than the 16-25yr olds, they'd find that with movies such as Mad Max, Star Wars, Gone in 60 Seconds, etc., most people prefer the old school special FX, the ones created in a workshop and used in the studio or on location right beside the actors and real-life stunt people performing real-life stunts.

Face it, if it ain't real, it generally don't look real, which is fine in a fantasy flick with witches & goblins but not in something that's supposed to be representing a possible real-life situation.
"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

Mad Max 4 News

Postby Biker » Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:39 am

Too true.

I watched Matrix 2 and as much as I've enjoyed the film, the chase scene with Trinity on the Ducatti through traffic going the wrong way was, if anything, just too clever for it's own good. Yeah, I know they shot most of it as live action, but adding about 70% of the cars later using CGI really just made it unbelievable, as in; not good.

However much I hope they don't I'll bet you anything CGI will feature heavily in MM4. The lower budget films actually use old school stunts, take The Punisher for example, the makling of docu on the DVD says that CGI actually cost more than it was to rig up a live stunt. Let's hope MM4 has a moderate budget Image

.... Still I shouldn't bitch about it, at least it could end up being actually made, which is more than I thought this time last year.

"See you on the road Max!"

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Mad Max 4 News

Postby nightrider541 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:46 am

I am from the old school and to be honest with you havn't watched a movie in the cinema's since 1999 for the simple fact that i can't stand all this CGI crap. It makes me laugh looking at the trailers and how fake most movies look, like king kong, i robot etc etc too fake. Cmon movies are about real life stunts real action using real actors there is just too much fakeness in movies these too many cartoonish style movies that need to be scrapped. People will argue and say you should get with the times. But why change something thats already perfect. Get too fake with computer animated graphics and the movie just looks horrible too fake for my liking. Thats why my dvd collection only consists of movies withought CGI. I think Mel Gibson would agree with me look at his flicks i could be wrong but i cant see one of his movies that he's directed that has CGI. Passion of the christ? No, Braveheart? No. Apocoylpto i dont think so.........
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Mad Max 4 News

Postby Bozz » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:56 pm

I think it depands on the shot and the story.

Does this shot help you tell your story?

Is there another shot that would be a better choice?

Is this the right thing for your level of experience as a director?

Sometimes, CGI is the right choice.

Often though, I agree with you that the CGI actually detracts from the story.

There certainly are times though when it is positively the right choice.

CGI can be so subtle that you would never even notice it if you didn't know it was there.

Like Passion of the Christ.

Yes, PotC had some CGI. Don't believe me? check the credits or the IMDB listings.

I sincerely hope that MM4 is a cohesive film when it gets made. I pray that the story is everything we hope it can be. I hope it is internally consistant with the other films and characters that we have loved for so long.

I just hope it doesn't suck.

Will CGI make it suck? Not necessarily.

The film could suck just as bad with or without CGI.

Don't let us down, Doc Miller...

"Bit's o this, bit's o that..."
Bozz

Mad Max 4 News

Postby injection scott » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:33 pm

Bring back the damn car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
injection scott

Mad Max 4 News

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:43 pm

Yeah, Bring back the car & jump it over a tank of Sharks.

"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road