More McCarthy info.....

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

More McCarthy info.....

Postby RW-777 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:27 am

Has this been posted?

From : http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/features/interviews/2005/mccarthy/mccarthy1.shtml

GH: On that note, can you tell us more about Mad Max and is it in any way similar to Freakwave?

BMC: No, it's not even like Freakwave - it's not aquatic. I can't say too much about Fury Road because number one, I'm legally obligated not to talk about it in any specific way.

The only thing I can say is that the whole thing is written - I spent over 2 years co- writing it with the original guy, George Miller, and I designed it as well. As we went along, we approached how we wrote the movie like animation where you get a rough draft of the script and you start storyboarding it. You get the storyboards and put them into what's known as a story reel where we scan all the storyboard frames and put them into sequence - so that you actually have motion and duration of time. And gradually we built the whole movie through still pictures with a little bit of panning and stuff, just like an animatic.

George Miller's thing with Road Warrior, for example, was that he did it completely silently - so it had to work without dialogue. Mad Max is a very pared down world - people don't say a lot and we wanted to be able to tell the story visually. So that was a fantastic experience - I was a huge Mad Max fan. For a lot of people it was Star Wars, for me it was Road Warrior. To be trusted with this character and to take him where he needs to go - I took it very seriously. The last thing I want to see is a sh*tty mad Max film. Thunderdome - the first half wasn't so bad but it fell apart in the second half with all the kids. This was an attempt to do a serious Mad Max Film. It's called Mad Max: Fury Road, but it could be called Mad Max: Unforgiven or Mad Max: Apocalypse Now. It's got that kind of feel to it. It's a serious piece of work that's in a genre mode.
RW-777

More McCarthy info.....

Postby RW-777 » Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:33 am

So i guess technically the film has already been made, it just needs to be shot!
RW-777

More McCarthy info.....

Postby FordMercury » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:25 pm

Damn, im even more interested.......
FordMercury

More McCarthy info.....

Postby Chase Bansi » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:06 am

Until we see it on cellulose it's all just vapor.....

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

More McCarthy info.....

Postby Uncle Entity » Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:36 pm

Damn. I wanna SEE that movie so bad!
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

More McCarthy info.....

Postby MFP 4073 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:05 pm

McCarthy seems to do a lot of digital stuff -- what if this were an animated film, and they'd have only needed to have Gibson do the voice? -- something to think about.
...Meaness put to music...
MFP 4073

More McCarthy info.....

Postby MFP 4073 » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:12 pm

I do like anime and stuff -- I wouldn't like to see CG in a Max film -- but if it were all animated, it might work...
...Meaness put to music...
MFP 4073

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road