Is this true?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Is this true?

Postby Nathan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:14 am

I did some trolling around the internet and some pages said that they were gonna film in Namibia??? Granted this was from a couple of years ago, but Namibia? Why?
Nathan

Is this true?

Postby Mad Max RW » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:52 pm

Lots of desert.

Cheaper than anywhere else on earth.

George Lucas bought all the warehouses and film studios in Australia for Star Wars.
"You wanna get out of here....you talk to me."
Mad Max RW

Is this true?

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:08 pm

Well, hopefully if things get rolling again on Fury Road they'll be able to do it in Australia now that Lucas is finished mangling Star Wars.

I'm still dissapointed that no pictures have leaked from the aborted Production.

As I understand, they had vehicles and sets ready and were going to start Principle Photography within weeks when it was all put on indefinite hold because of the Iraq Invasion.
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

Is this true?

Postby Tom Millan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:59 am

I still say that a film shot in secret is the best. That's how I do alot of my productions. As for filming in other countries than Australia, This was done because some of the vehicles that Miller designed would 'bog' down on some of Australia's desert areas.

Secondly, in my opinion, I still think that Miller should try a totally fresh approach with Fury Road. Max should travel to another country (like Africa) looking for survivors and sadistic nomads to kill for a restoration of law and order.

Max can only travel around Australia for so long before running out of things to do. In Thunderdome, there never should have been that many survivors rolling through Bartertown as there were and Tina should have run that town as a narcisistic / double crossing / sadistic dictator.

How about this idea for "Fury Road"? Max has a long lost brother or niece he tries to protect but she gets killed. Or Jesse's sister Max tries to protect because she is a link to his past and fond memories with Jesse? She gets killed- Max loses it again. Only this time, he becomes even more 'mad' then ever before- the worst yet- and hauntingly so.

But these are just my opinions.

Sincerely,

TomImage Image
Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

Is this true?

Postby Nathan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:04 am

No way should any of this movie take place or be filmed outside of Australia. Even though i'm a American,i've come to be fascinated by those picturesqe views like those in Mad Max. It would ruin it for me.
Nathan

Is this true?

Postby Major_Tom » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:27 am

Quote: Originally posted by Tom Millan on 10 October 2005

How about this idea for "Fury Road"? Max has a long lost brother or niece he tries to protect but she gets killed. Or Jesse's sister Max tries to protect because she is a link to his past and fond memories with Jesse? She gets killed- Max loses it again. Only this time, he becomes even more 'mad' then ever before- the worst yet- and hauntingly so.

That's the worst idea for a movie ever. If that happens I'll kill myself.

"Remember him... when you look at the night sky.."

"..I will!"
Major_Tom

Is this true?

Postby Tom Millan » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:51 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Major_Tom on 11 October 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tom Millan on 10 October 2005

That's the worst idea for a movie ever. If that happens I'll kill myself.

It was just a thought, not a want. What do you suggest you would like to see in Fury Road? I'm curious.

Sincerely,

Tom

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

Is this true?

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:26 pm

I'm sure the script that Miller has in his safe will be perfectly adequate. Image
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

Is this true?

Postby Chase Bansi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:32 am

I'll add to the rumor mill. This looks like a convenient cover story for filming undercover.

http://www.aztlan.net/edzna.htm

And Mel in a beard could easily be the "older and wiser Max" that we expect him to have become.

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

Is this true?

Postby moko » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:40 am

very interesting....chase bansi....it could be.
....apiece here...apiece there....
moko

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road