McCarthy QUOTE Aug 22 2005

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby Brian S » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:23 am

The Interceptor is the point, you just missed it. It would be like a Gone in 60 Seconds 2 without Eleanor.

I think bringing Humungous back from the dead and using a 70 year old African American singer would be even more lame than Thunderdome. Tina Turner had no business in that movie. She's really not an actor, she's not Australian and I never bought her as a leader of any kind.

I've seen enough buggies and I've seen enough wasteland. Hopefully the fuel crisis is in the past and they can come up with a better reason to do battle. Maybe then I can think of Fury Road as the sequel to Road Warrior and pretend BT never existed.

"By the way, Thunderdome missed the mark pretty good."

I thought you said this is irelevant, it is part of the series.
Yahoo Forum Owner: 351 Clevelands Rock!!

Brian S

Postby injection scott » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:33 pm

The series should come full circle like star wars kind of did. Max travels back to the town/city he lived in to find the MFP struggling to survive and keep the scum out of the area. The goose is running around looking like the toxic avenger (U.S. Movie), Johnny the boy is the psycotic warlord with no foot, and Max is stuck in the middle and finds his yellow interceptor has been converted into a pusuit special with all the tricks (blower etc.) Falls in love with his ex's sister and has 10 kids..... ........................forget that last part.

Thunderdome failed because of one reason.................no Black on Black........... period.

Let's face it. Ask yourself this question: what's the first thing you think of when you think of the first movie...........The shape of that blower scoop and that screaming super charger.

What's the first thing about the second.... same same. Opening sequence of RW. the screaming blower right in your face.

No BoB = lame movie Nuff said.

injection scott

Postby Tom Millan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:21 am

Quote: Originally posted by injection scott on 08 October 2005

Johnny the boy is the psycotic warlord with no foot,

Problem is, Johnny the Boy was blown to smitherines. Unless he took a machetti he secretly had and chooped off his shackled foot prior to the blast.

Tom

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

Postby Tom Millan » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:30 am

Quote: Originally posted by injection scott on 08 October 2005

Thunderdome failed because of one reason.................no Black on Black........... period.

Let's face it.

Muscle cars are important, I don't dispute that. But, to me,I think the main reason why Thunderdome failed was because:

(1): The lack of violence (only two people die which is basically zero). Every sequel (in my book of making films) should be more violent. Thunderdome should have had an R rating.

(2): More cave kids should have perished. (Thats life in a dangerous world such as Max's world).

(3): Max should have been an asshole. But he wasn't. There wasn't any extreme violence and there was no R rating.

(4): Tina Turner's singing in the opening and closing sequences of the film. Its gotta go. Thank God that I got rid of that trashy singing in my version of Thunderdome a.k.a Mad Max Beyond No Tomorrow.

Sincerely,

TomImage

Tom Millan

Postby DetritusMaximus » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:39 pm

Brian-

Comparing MM/RW to Gone in 60 is not a good one. In Max's world the story is about Max, not his car. In Gone in 60, the whole point of the movie, at least the original, is that particular Mustang. In the Dukes of Hazzard, each show was just a set up for another Charger demolishing jump stunt.

Who said anything about people coming back from the dead? It was just a point of reference to use their names. Think where someone 'like' Humungous would be with 20 or 25 years to build an army. Or someone building a trade town and all the attendant politics, intrigue, and warfare with other towns and warlords.

No fuel crisis? That's more important to Max's stilted world than the Interceptor. Watch the movies again, there is an almost neurotic fixation with being mobile and powered throughout the series. Being on foot is like being dead.

Thunderdome missed the mark as far as being a rock'em-sock'em action flick. I don't really have a problem with the setting, characters, vehicles, and what not. I do agree there should have been more vehicle work, more chase scenes, and more violence. Probably the biggest issue I have with the movie is that Auntie and Bartertown are just aren't 'evil' enough. Everything that was needed was there except for a compelling story.Be that as it may, it is the story Miller wrote to follow the other two. We may not like it much, or even hate it, but it is part of Max's story.

I just don't understand the obsession with going backwards. The MFP/Interceptor/Goose/all of it are in the past, gone, buried. There are so many other possiblities to explore (and maintain the themes woven in an out of the three movies) rather than basically go back to long gone characters. We all loved the first two movies, can you honestly believe that a 'return' story will bring back the feelings you had watching them?
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby Nightwalker » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:41 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Tom Millan on 08 October 2005

(1): The lack of violence (only two people die which is basically zero).

Three man die in BT. First Blaster, second a kid in quicksand and finaly Ironbar.
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Nightwalker

Postby injection scott » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:08 pm

Nobody saw Johnney the boy get blasted.

And as far as going into the past... Miller has got to come up with something huge..... He's got to fill the interceptor's "shoes" . That car was a supporting actor and one of the reasons the film succeeded. Hey ...My opinion.

Miller cut out too much time between MM and RW. He could have done a dozen movies with gibson screaming through the wastelands in the BoB.

Yeah!!!

injection scott

Postby DetritusMaximus » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:13 am

Yep, whatever he does has to be really good to make the effort worthwhile and to do justice to the character and story.

The car is way-cool, no doubt. The nice thing about the condition of the world in the series is that really, almost anything is possible (no mutant dogs with telepathy, please). Great big diesel truck based juggernauts (or as Mitch suggested, those monster road trains with three or four trailers as armored rolling invasion vehicles) carrying a deployable (deporable?) buggy and bike assault/pursuit squad. Finding old cars is not unrealistic, but the potential for creative invention is soooo great. You guys ever seen "Warlords of the Twenty-first Century"? A nice alternate take on a similiar world to RW.

I don't know about a dozen movies of the BoB in the desert. It might just end up as one movie blurring into another. Once the novelty of a setting wears off, the follow ups just seem weak.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby Tom Millan » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:03 am

Quote: Originally posted by injection scott on 09 October 2005

Miller cut out too much time between MM and RW.

Actually according to the script, the time differential between MM and RW is two to three years. I think you mean the time gap between RW and Thunderdome which is 15 years--- alot could have happened to Max in that time frame but Gibson hates doing prequels. That would place Max in his early to mid forties. I disagreed with the number of little kids Miller put in TD. I know he's really into kiddy movies nowadays but hey man (Miller), alternate abit- you can do a kiddy flick for the kiddies and another opposite flick with heads exploding, exploding cars for adults- alternate Miller, alternate like you did in the past. We ain't interested nor do we give a sh*t about little bratty rodents- we want to see adults or young kick ass adults restoring society that will make those cave kids look like abunch of useless nerdy faggots. We don't want to see faggots with retarded hairdoos that look like tumbleweeds or bird's nests--- we want to see men and hot women -- no bullsh*t. Anybody agree?

My character I created 20 years ago for films would have killed Iron Bar in the first act of the Movie, would have killed a hell of a bigger number of people including Auntie Entity and he would have told those cave kids that they were 'out to lunch' and to 'grow up'. This is the apocalypse we are talking about my friends- the real Max wouldn't have acted this way in Thunderdome- no room for bullsh*t or fairy tales. I hope Fury Road is raw, mean, gritty, and a new revolution of extreme violence in entertainment.

Sincerely,

Tom

Tom Millan

Postby Tom Millan » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:21 am

Quote: Originally posted by Morrisminor on 28 August 2005

BRENDAN McCARTHY

Aug 22 2005, 12:50 PM

RE: For those asking about MAD MAX 4 FURY ROAD - I finished co-writing and designing the movie about 2 years ago. It will be George Miller's next film after he finishes his "dancing Penguins' cgi animated musical, HAPPY FEET, due out in summer 2006. I did meet Mel around that time and he was very enthusiastic about the new approach, but things depend on his availability. His age is not an issue, if you consider classics like UNFORGIVEN with a much older Clint Eastwood in that role. Trust me, the rule was, "If this isn't going to be a truly great Mad Max movie, then don't bother to do it."

I hope all this answers your questions about MAD MAX and SWIMINI PURPOSE.

From Millarworld.net

Yeah sure Brendan, sure... This has been going on for HOW long now???

Tom

Tom Millan

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road