The way I see it..

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

The way I see it..

Postby Mitch » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:41 am

"Tell me a story about giant pigs!"

-GIR
Mitch

The way I see it..

Postby Mitch » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:28 pm

"Hello floor, make me a sammich!"

-GIR
Mitch

The way I see it..

Postby Tom Millan » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:29 pm

Sounds good Brent.Image Except one thing though I think you should change in your storyline. It was SPROG (not Spock) that got killed. Unless Sprog had pointy ears and watched Star Trek. But seriously, your story is cool.

Tom

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

The way I see it..

Postby HUMVEE Driver » Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:39 am

Lots of good ideas all around, but I have to disagree with a couple...

First of all, I don't think that Max would ever, ever, ever seek/find companionship with another woman. Ever. His wife was everything to him, and her death is the main driving force of his character. So after everything he has been through, loving another woman would be an incredible betrayal to himself and to Jess's memory. I just don't see Max doing that.

Second, I think that there would be gasoline to be found out there. After the war (MM2) there is a big scramble to fight over gas., but very few gangs actually LOOK for gas. But who knows how many undeveloped oil wells and forgotten fuel dumps are out there? Remember how Auntie casually offers Max fuel? Australia is not known for its gasoline production, but there has to be some oil being drawn up. Certainly enough to support a few hundred vehicles. And there will always be those few vehicles that seem to run forever. So I think a prolonged MM2 world is totally plausible.

Just a few thoughts from my twisted mind.

HUMVEE Driver

"I'll see you on the road!"
http://www.madmaxmodels.com
HUMVEE Driver

The way I see it..

Postby Biker » Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:43 am

Good reply Humvee but about Jessie I think Max, over time, might have gotten over the death of her and moved on. Human spirit is like that, it heals itself and after a time adjusts to the loss. I'm not suggestiing Max needs to get laid and the nearest warm blooded female is a candidate but that he would eventually gravitate towards having another woman in his life not as a replacement but as a companion. However, knowing some of the sneaky ways of women I don't see her accepting the role solely as a companion to him! Image Again human spirit is like that. You also have to ask yourself what Jessie would want Max to do; live a twisted empty life or try to find some happiness somewhere.

Unless of course Max is so twisted he doesn't resemble a human being any longer. But to judge his behavior before the tragedies hit his life, he seemed a well adjusted sort of bloke, despite running bad guys off the road and killing them and his floosie Image in the burning wreckage.

Nope, I think he would find a woman, if for no other reason than to feel the need to protect her should she cross his path and need the help only he could provide. He's not the type to just drive on leaving her to whatever fate has to offer.

Other than that point I agree with you about the fuel etc. The management systems and other electronic gizmos on todays cars wouldn't last. While the older, simpler cars that had 3 wires and a cranking handle would still be chugging away merryily past the rusted hulks of the Toyotas and BMW's.

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

The way I see it..

Postby BrentJackson » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:22 am

Quote: Originally posted by HUMVEE Driver on 08 July 2005

Lots of good ideas all around, but I have to disagree with a couple...

First of all, I don't think that Max would ever, ever, ever seek/find companionship with another woman. Ever. His wife was everything to him, and her death is the main driving force of his character. So after everything he has been through, loving another woman would be an incredible betrayal to himself and to Jess's memory. I just don't see Max doing that.

Second, I think that there would be gasoline to be found out there. After the war (MM2) there is a big scramble to fight over gas., but very few gangs actually LOOK for gas. But who knows how many undeveloped oil wells and forgotten fuel dumps are out there? Remember how Auntie casually offers Max fuel? Australia is not known for its gasoline production, but there has to be some oil being drawn up. Certainly enough to support a few hundred vehicles. And there will always be those few vehicles that seem to run forever. So I think a prolonged MM2 world is totally plausible.

Just a few thoughts from my twisted mind.

HUMVEE Driver

[div]

[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Quite true about the gasoline part - there was a lot of it in Indonesia, and what's to say that the pipelines to Australia were never destroyed? Add to that the number of abandoned gas stations and fuel dumps and oil rigs out there and you come to think that there would be lots of fuel left around, even say fifteen years after MM2.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]But like Biker said, human spirits move on, and I figure all men, even one as dead inside as Max is, would move on and find a new person to be with. And if Jessie really loved Max, she'd probably be happy if he did find a new love.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]BTW, I've been refining the story a bit, and I have a few things to say about it. In this Australia, the violence of the past is beginning to be forgotten, but the cities are still a mess. The different clans in different places have different ideas of how to run places, resulting in divided cities and generally battered surroundings. This is just the cities though, and thousands of little clan villages have appeared all across the continent, many in the less harsh climates of the East Coast, Victoria and the southern part of South Australia. One of the ideas i have is many little Barter Towns scattered across the landscape and thousands of survivalists across the land. A good example of the terrain would be South Africa's Great Karroo, a wide-open land filled with bandits and paramilitary loonies.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]There is a Thunderdome in this idea, but don't worry, Max doesn't fight in it.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Max in the story lives on a small island not far from Melbourne, able to support himself and on an island has no car-driving bandits to worry. Melbourne is a divided city, with an uneasy truce between two clans. But the violence and other problems have left Melbourne a ghost city, full of broken skyscrapers and ruins, and thousands of people living in these structures. Sydney in Beyond Thunderdome is the sort of Ambience.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]One time of course, Bandits on boats attack his island looking for food and supplies. His son gets killed in the fight, and the kid dies in Max's arms. He loses control here, gets into his boat and heads for Melbourne.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Now, he has no car of course, but over the course of being in Melbourne he meets Marcus, a man who similarly has lost a son to the bandits. (In a twist, Marcus is actually Goose's brother, but Max doesn't find out this until much later.) Marcus lets max know about a junkyard near Geelong (a city about 20 miles from Melbourne) and that there is supposedly a couple of V8s in there. Max is interested for obvious reasons, and both go to the junkyard, only to find the junkyard owner dead, gruesomely drawn and quartered. But in the junkyard, hidden in the back, is a 1974 Ford Falcon and a 1972 Plymouth Road Runner. Both have big V8s, and both are running and workable. The junkyard guy has fuel for them, and they drive off in the beater cars back to Melbourne.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Now, once in Melbourne, they run across the gang again. Max, now really really ticked off, chases down one member of the gang into a forested area farther along the coast. Max, pumps for info, and then shoots him in the heart with a shotgun. This guy is also wearing the MFP leathers.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Max goes back and sleeps in the Interceptor, to be awoken by a son of a local homeowner. The kid takes them to that local home owner - who happens to be Fifi. He immediately recognizes Max and Marcus. The two discuss what has happened. They leave, the property, but Fifi, still pondering things when the two leave, decide enough is enough and take off after them. In his garage? An absolutely perfect 1968 Pontiac GTO.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Fifi catches up to them and explains he knows his time is ending, but says he wants one of their heards for his wall and the three head off back into Melbourne. An informant there recognizes the leathers and points max to a small town called Black Mountain, a good 500 miles from Melbourne. They get out there just fine, and find the gang is indeed there, in the Thunderdome there, which is a blood sport, and one that Fifi is clearly disgusted by.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Marcus lies to a nearby barterer that they are gonna be in the Thunderdome and gets a bunch of shotguns and plenty of ammo. One gang member sees them near the Thunderdome, and notifies the gang leader (who is similar in look to Humungus, but not in demeanor, he's a bloodthirsty animal) that the guy who stole the gang member's leathers is around. They gather to strike, but Max hits first, touching off a massive gunfight. The gang decides to fight another day and vacates the town real fast. The town is quite grateful the gang is gone, and one young woman recognizes Max. Lo and behold, this girl is the daughter of the gyro pilot from MM2 and his wife (the blonde in MM2). She knows everything about Papagallo and the fuel defenders,and wants to help Max out.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]The gang rips post haste to Canberra, which is a wreck by this time as well. The gang has a base there, but it turns out that this barter town actually has quite a number of guys wanting to run them out, and quite a number of working automobiles - the twin engine car from MM2, a pair of ex-MFP Falcons, some pickup trucks, a VW Golf and a couple other European hatchbacks, a 1965 Ford Mustang and a bunch of old Aussie metal. One operating Frightliner big rig and trailer, a well-worn but working helicopter and a bunch of motorcycles, sandrails and four-wheelers round out the arsenal. Not to mention lots of firepower.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]The entire armada rolls to Canberra, where a mammoth brawls breaks loose. Fifi is hit in the fight but survives, as the gang gets cut down. The gang leader disappears into a subway labyrinth, and Max chases him down. A battle ensures between them. The gang boss gets the upper hand, but the woman appears in the tunnel and blows away mr. Gang leader.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Okay, I'm long winded. Sorry. Hope it seems better now.[/div]
BrentJackson

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road