The way I see it..

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

The way I see it..

Postby Biker » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:54 am

... is this:

If Fury Road is ever made it should be along the lines of Clint Eastwoods Unforgiven. The other night I watched Mel Gibson in Signs the film about mysterious crop circles and alien invasion etc. Saw it at the cinema when it first came out and thought it most wierd but ok. After seeing it the second time I enjoyed it more so. The alien on the video footage still made the short hairs on my neck stand to attention too!

Scenes from Signs:

Car chases - 0

Bikers crashing head on into semis - 0

Gunfights with double barreled sawnoff shotguns - 0

Mel dressed as a Priest - too many

Mel sobbing or close to tears - Lots

Mel being vengeful - ummmmmm?

Mel hitting people - 0

Mel watching TV - lots

Fingers being cut off - 1 (but not with a bladed boomerang)

Anyways Mel looked aged and time hadn't been too kind and if you've read the Swell Gibson thread on the general board it seems it's only gotten worse. So, I figure he ought to play a retired Road Warrior who's settled down again living a peaceful mountain man type of existance. Not the one with nature, lentil eating, tree hugging type but fighting against the daily hardships such a life would entail and with or without companionship i.e. a woman beside him. In the film Max is called upon or forced out of peaceful retirement to fight the good fight and do battle with the baddies once more. Perhaps with a blend of The Magnificent Seven meets First Blood meets Red Dawn meets Jerimiah Johnson meets Rocky 4.

I'm not suggesting he goes out in a blaze of glory and actually dies, oh no. Just that he's now aged (as we all have since seeing the first film) and maybe lost a little of his edge but is still that good driver and vengeful man with a strong sense of what's right and wrong. I'm not suggesting he loses what he gained in the years since Thunderdome either, such as his woman being killed or any children he may have fathered since that would be just too cruel. But perhaps sees something that triggers his dormant vengeful nature to dust off his metaphorical MFP uniform (Yeah I know he lost the jacket in Thunderdome) and put them on again for that one final battle.

So Wotcha Fink?

Good idea or crap? personally I think it'll round the series off nicely and set a lot of peoples minds "at rest" to know what actually happened to Max Rockatansky formerly of the legendary MFP.

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

The way I see it..

Postby Anklecranker » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:29 pm

I agree completely. Your ideas are excellent.

I'd like to see Max continue in his "protector" role. Perhaps he could even assume the surrogate father role when a family he helps loses their real father. This would introduce the family aspect without the need to explain a relationship. Plus it would be a good lead in to a beautiful "twenties something" widow who might make us all stand to attention.

I'd really like to see thsi storyline played out with the backdrop of Max rebuilding the old MFP...but with him being the leader. I'm sure there could be some more wild young MFP hopefuls who could do more daring stunts. I especially liked the father/son relationship tension between Mel and Health Ledger in The Patriot. Portraying this family tension is something Mel does quite well.

Anklecranker

The way I see it..

Postby 04GTInterceptor » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:01 pm

It would be nice if they found another Interceptor parked in a crumbling, dark garage that they could bring back to life......it could be a Interceptor from another MFP division.
Last of the V8 Intercepts, a piece of history, would have been a shame to blow it up
04GTInterceptor

The way I see it..

Postby Tom Millan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:46 am

Quote: Originally posted by Biker on 07 June 2005

... is this:

If Fury Road is ever made it should be along the lines of Clint Eastwoods Unforgiven. time hadn't been too kind and if you've read the Swell Gibson thread on the general board it seems it's only gotten worse. So, I figure he ought to play a retired Road Warrior who's settled down again living a peaceful mountain man type of existance. Not the one with nature, lentil eating, tree hugging type but fighting against the daily hardships such a life would entail and with or without companionship i.e. a woman beside him. In the film Max is called upon or forced out of peaceful retirement to fight the good fight and do battle with the baddies once more. Perhaps with a blend of The Magnificent Seven meets First Blood meets Red Dawn meets Jerimiah Johnson meets Rocky 4.

I'm not suggesting he goes out in a blaze of glory and actually dies, oh no. Just that he's now aged (as we all have since seeing the first film) and maybe lost a little of his edge but is still that good driver and vengeful man with a strong sense of what's right and wrong. I'm not suggesting he loses what he gained in the years since Thunderdome either, such as his woman being killed or any children he may have fathered since that would be just too cruel. But perhaps sees something that triggers his dormant vengeful nature to dust off his metaphorical MFP uniform (Yeah I know he lost the jacket in Thunderdome) and put them on again for that one final battle.

So Wotcha Fink?

Good idea or crap? personally I think it'll round the series off nicely and set a lot of peoples minds "at rest" to know what actually happened to Max Rockatansky formerly of the legendary MFP.

Biker

Its got sparks and bite- sharps and edges! Good job. Like I said, it has sparks and bite. Thumbs up from me, dude!

Tom

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

The way I see it..

Postby Tom Millan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:48 am

Quote: Originally posted by Anklecranker on 07 June 2005

I agree completely. Your ideas are excellent.

I'd like to see Max continue in his "protector" role. Perhaps he could even assume the surrogate father role when a family he helps loses their real father. This would introduce the family aspect without the need to explain a relationship. Plus it would be a good lead in to a beautiful "twenties something" widow who might make us all stand to attention.

I'd really like to see thsi storyline played out with the backdrop of Max rebuilding the old MFP...but with him being the leader. I'm sure there could be some more wild young MFP hopefuls who could do more daring stunts. I especially liked the father/son relationship tension between Mel and Health Ledger in The Patriot. Portraying this family tension is something Mel does quite well.

Another good shot of ideas! I like it!

Tom

Tom Millan

The way I see it..

Postby Tom Millan » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:54 am

Quote: Originally posted by 04GTInterceptor on 07 June 2005

It would be nice if they found another Interceptor parked in a crumbling, dark garage that they could bring back to life......it could be a Interceptor from another MFP division.

.....or in a scrap yard perhaps. Max could find another MFP leather jacket etc on some villian he had to kill who was wearing it for no reason but to smear police. Bingo! Max has his leathers back. Another good idea! Good shot, Interceptor! I like what I'm reading so far today!

Cheers!

Tom

Tom Millan

The way I see it..

Postby The Toecutter » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:01 am

Sorry, but post road warrior, there is no fuel, and parts are likely in very short supply. If there are cars at all, they would be methane-powered junkmobiles, but 10+ years after Barter town is destroyed, even that is unlikely. Cars are probably gone if there is another installment of the series.
------------------------------

The unnecessary felling of a tree, perhaps the growth of centuries, seems to me a crime little short of murder." ~ Thomas Jefferson

The Toecutter

The way I see it..

Postby Biker » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:46 am

Well my posting got a better reception than I hoped. Thanks!

Toecutter I was thinking about that, just suppose there were a scrapyard about and Max had kind of set himself up as some sort of trader selling off car parts as metals either for farming or whatever and as a hobby had built himself a car, whether it's an Interceptor or some big 4x4 I dunno, but obviously without a fuel source did this simply as a means of keeping him from going stir crazy.... A p-piece from here and piece from there so to speak. Then while out riding his horse one day finds a full (air tight) tanker long forgotten buried under the sands like that 747 was in Thunderdome. He'd have his fuel source now and could get that car running again. What's the shelf life of petrol and diesel anyway? You'd be the man to know I'm sure Image

Or

We forget the bitter facts as they're going to be and we give in to this fictional story which paint a less bleak picture of the future where fuel is still around and a cars engine still goes brrrmmm brrrrmmmmm instead of your lips making the sound while we sit in the rusted wreck of a car good now for only using as a herb garden.

Hey he could become a pig farmer dealing with methene after getting the idea from Aunty Entity. Now that's a thought. Ahaaaaaaaaa.(said in the voice of Micheal Palin in the agruement sketch with John Clese from Monty Python Image)

Biker

PS It occurred to me afterwards that my story idea also runs along the lines of Braveheart. Reluctant hero wanting only a peaceful life is forced to take up the battle standard again blah blah blah.

Biker

The way I see it..

Postby BrentJackson » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:29 am

[div]Toecutter, you forgot that Australia has all the capacity to build new cars and all the parts for them. Make it later on though, say a twisted version of 1996-97, Max is long retired as a warrior, but the MFP is still out there. Max is now living in his own beach home, and living peacefully alone, trying to raise a couple teenagers he met long ago. One of them has just joined the MFP.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Now, here is where it gets tricky.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]His son gets killed, and his daughter disappears into nowhere. Now really deadened inside, he meets another man, who was his son's best friend and also romantically involved with his daughter. The guy wants revenge, and figures the Road Warrior Max is as good an ally as any.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]The two roll over to a remote Outback junkyard, where they find a pair of rusting Aussie musclecars. The two cars get rebuilt, and Max and his new partner go out to find the people responsible.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]On the way, they meet Fifi, now an old man trying to keep to himself, but hearing the problems out on the highways, Fifi doesn't stop either. He gets out his old Pontiac GTO and goes looking for a piece of the action.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]The final blast to Max is when he finds out the people responsible now are the same ones who murdered Spock and Jessie in 1979 - pushing the rage over the boiling point, and causing him to go suicidially mad on the gangs responsible. Him and the Falcon (a new interceptor, maybe a bit newer, not brand-new though) tear into the gangs, while his buddies continually save him from himself.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Along the way too, he meets a young widow who lost everything to the gangs. She winds up being the one that really saves him at the end.[/div]
[div] [/div]
[div]Vague, I know, but I'm just trying to help with an idea.[/div]
BrentJackson

The way I see it..

Postby Biker » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:33 am

Excellant story idea Brent. I really like it! Spookily accurate too to what I'm currently writing as fan fiction.

Biker

Biker

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road