Spence in MM4?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Spence in MM4?

Postby Morrisminor » Tue May 03, 2005 6:17 am

From Moviehole.net (5-4-05)

The Gyro Captain on Mad Max 4

Posted on Wed, 4-May-2005

It's seemingly about as dead as highway-crossing roo' but actor Bruce Spence - Jedediah in "Mad Max 3", and The Gyro Captain in "Mad Max 2" - tells Empire that he's still keeping everything crossed that "Mad Max 4 : Fury Road" gets up again.

"Yeah, I think I would", says Spence, asked if he'd like to see it come to fruition. "I'd be blessed once again if they found a part in there for me. The script was kept pretty much under wraps when George [Miller] was looking at doing it, and I don't think I was in it - I wasn't approached about it anyway".

There's always the chance of wearing a new guy's shoes. "Maybe I could drive a submarine or come over the sun-dunes driving a huge tractor".

Hmmmm! Does'nt that line..."or come over the sun-dunes driving a huge tractor"...seem to ring close to the production rumors about huge vehicles like an Euclid not getting bogged down in the Namibian desert!!!

And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Spence in MM4?

Postby Tom Millan » Tue May 03, 2005 6:42 pm

If Spence is gonna be in Fury Road, I hope he doesn't play the same type of character as the other two MM films. Spence was good, don't get me wrong,

his character in RW had original flavour and set a trend for other movies to do the same thing. But I think Spence should play a totally different kind of role in MM 4- maybe he should play a double crossing two faced independant drifter that causes gangs to fight one another while he steals their valuables and guns etc out from under their noses. Maybe add the idea that he personally has a vendetta against Max for some strange unknown reason. Just a thought.

Tom

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

Spence in MM4?

Postby Uncle Entity » Fri May 13, 2005 12:56 pm

i wanna my jedediah back!
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Spence in MM4?

Postby Bubba Fat » Fri May 13, 2005 3:23 pm

Uncle is back gain...
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Spence in MM4?

Postby V-Max dreamer » Mon May 30, 2005 8:58 am

I think it would be great news if Bruce Spence would be in MM4!

Any role would be fine. When Matrix 3 was out, and MM4 was still in progress, it looked like he would not be available. But that is over with, so we have another chance.

Personally, I thought the Gyro captain was the best; but his role would depend on the plot.
V-Max dreamer

Spence in MM4?

Postby Tom Millan » Mon May 30, 2005 9:28 am

I don't want to be a pecimist but there ain't gonna be a Mad Max 4. Its trashed and lying in the ruins among the wastelands of the "back-burner" graveyard. My version of seeing a Mad Max 4 is when I shovel and rake the hot asphalt for roads and parking lots everyday. That's as close as I'm ever going to get to seeing Max in a fourth. Besides, look at the way the third one ended. It ended as though the book became closed. Byron Kennedy (before his death) told Starlog magazine that he wanted MM III to have Max come out of the wastelands and back into the city to scavenge and look for survivors. But in MM III, it didn't happen that way- instead, Max went even further into the wasteland to uncover a little village called Bartertown- and a little impossible paradise with cave kids (which I doubt Byron Kennedy even wanted in the first place- if he did, then I don't think he would have wanted them to act as goofy and stupid). Gibson should realize that he looks the part for Mad Max 4 most definitely. Seeing old kodgers kick the sh*t out of young zealots is becoming sort of a trend since movies like "Unforgiven" and "Pale Rider" or "Space Cowboys" or "Dead Pool". I'm sure Mel knows this too but he said more than once that he ain't playing Max again. He's really high up in his career now. Max is no longer on his radar anymore. We're all fooling ourselves and only getting madder at Mel for not even thinking about it anymore. He's moved on and we're left holding the bag in limbo. Mad Max 4 is dead, Its gone. Its finito. Wait for the comic book and novel of Fury Road- unless Miller coughed on the idea. Sorry fellas, but, Mad Max 4 is DEAD.... and I'm as mad as you guys about it.... but,..... I guess we'll just have to learn to live with Thunderdome as Max's final adventure and that's that.

Tom

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

Spence in MM4?

Postby Bubba Fat » Mon May 30, 2005 2:40 pm

I won't believe in MM4 before I see the first pics in the internet .
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Spence in MM4?

Postby bmacsys » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:54 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Tom Millan on 31 May 2005

I don't want to be a pecimist but there ain't gonna be a Mad Max 4. Its trashed and lying in the ruins among the wastelands of the "back-burner" graveyard. My version of seeing a Mad Max 4 is when I shovel and rake the hot asphalt for roads and parking lots everyday. That's as close as I'm ever going to get to seeing Max in a fourth. Besides, look at the way the third one ended. It ended as though the book became closed. Byron Kennedy (before his death) told Starlog magazine that he wanted MM III to have Max come out of the wastelands and back into the city to scavenge and look for survivors. But in MM III, it didn't happen that way- instead, Max went even further into the wasteland to uncover a little village called Bartertown- and a little impossible paradise with cave kids (which I doubt Byron Kennedy even wanted in the first place- if he did, then I don't think he would have wanted them to act as goofy and stupid). Gibson should realize that he looks the part for Mad Max 4 most definitely. Seeing old kodgers kick the sh*t out of young zealots is becoming sort of a trend since movies like "Unforgiven" and "Pale Rider" or "Space Cowboys" or "Dead Pool". I'm sure Mel knows this too but he said more than once that he ain't playing Max again. He's really high up in his career now. Max is no longer on his radar anymore. We're all fooling ourselves and only getting madder at Mel for not even thinking about it anymore. He's moved on and we're left holding the bag in limbo. Mad Max 4 is dead, Its gone. Its finito. Wait for the comic book and novel of Fury Road- unless Miller coughed on the idea. Sorry fellas, but, Mad Max 4 is DEAD.... and I'm as mad as you guys about it.... but,..... I guess we'll just have to learn to live with Thunderdome as Max's final adventure and that's that.

Tom

Tom, thats a pretty good post. But, wasn't the movie a "Go" till the Iraq war broke out? And wasn't Mel signed on and quoted as saying he was excited about working with George Miller again? What happened in the meantime to Mel's attitude about Mad Max IV? I am an old guy, 44 to be exact and I saw Mad Max at the theatre in 1980, The Road Warrior in 1982. And I remember Byron Kennedy dying in the helicopter crash in 1983. I also remember how psyched up I was in 1984 hearing that Beyond Thunderdome was being made. Well when I saw it in the spring of 1985 I was incredibly let down. The casting sucked,the story sucked etc.. It was like your run of the mill sh*tty Steven Spielberg type movie.
bmacsys

Spence in MM4?

Postby Anklecranker » Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:53 pm

Fox Studios refused to distribute The Passion of the Christ.

In fact almost every studio turned Gibson down. I'm sure this has changed Fox's working relationship with Gibson. Plus Gibson made the big gamble and it paid off wildly. Money is no longer a motivating factor. "Creativity and expression as an actor is what's most important" (sic).

The only hope we have is that no official statement has been made saying MM4 is dead.

For over a year my car's license plate read "FURYROAD"....I turned it in..

.if that tells you anything.

Anklecranker

Spence in MM4?

Postby 04GTInterceptor » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:39 pm

I don't know if this is related to Max or not, but I have some pictures of a 05 Mustang that is being displayed at car conventions all over the western US. It is black, with black rims, and on the rear spoiler and on the sides of the shaker hood reads: "Interceptor." It is a GT, of course with turbos.....very totty. Also later this year, or in 06 Ford is adding a package to the Mustang called the MRT Interceptor package. Maybe this will be the Fury Road edition Mustang.
Last of the V8 Intercepts, a piece of history, would have been a shame to blow it up
04GTInterceptor

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road