My Own Idea For a Remake

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

My Own Idea For a Remake

Postby jebrody » Thu May 05, 2005 10:13 am

don't have a problem with your remake idea, but i think that any vehicles used should be old detroit rolling iron, like the ford maverick which has the same window configuration as the aussie ford falcon, or potiac gtos, etc. the new cars to me are just plastic fantastics and couldn't stand the punishment.
jebrody

My Own Idea For a Remake

Postby Major_Tom » Thu May 05, 2005 11:41 am

I think it's a ludicrous idea. Everything about it is ludicrous.

"Remember him... when you look at the night sky.."

"..I will!"
Major_Tom

My Own Idea For a Remake

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Thu May 05, 2005 4:25 pm

Quote: Originally posted by jebrody on 06 May 2005

don't have a problem with your remake idea, but i think that any vehicles used should be old detroit rolling iron, like the ford maverick which has the same window configuration as the aussie ford falcon, or potiac gtos, etc. the new cars to me are just plastic fantastics and couldn't stand the punishment.

Tho the 70-77 especially the 70-73 Maverick has some simalarities with the with the 72-78 Falcon coupes they don't share any parts with it.The 72-78 Falcons were 90% an aussie design.only the XB 71-73 style mustang nasa scoops and the engine and trans and some rears were from the USA and even with the engines OZ made thier own versions of the 351 C and they had thier own '302'which was a destroked 351C.Also you say new cars couldn't stand the punishment yes thats true,buut when you say that only 'detroit iron'would work your forgetting about good old Aussie iron i.e the old Holdens,of course the Falcons,the Valiant Chargers that were tough as nails and built exactly like Detroit cars.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

My Own Idea For a Remake

Postby jebrody » Thu May 05, 2005 7:34 pm

sorry for forgetting about the old aussie iron. meant no disrespect

jebrody

My Own Idea For a Remake

Postby 04GTInterceptor » Thu May 05, 2005 9:36 pm

All will be well as long as they don't allow the "Fast & Furious" import cars with 4 cylinders and 10 bottles of Nitrous.
Last of the V8 Intercepts, a piece of history, would have been a shame to blow it up
04GTInterceptor

My Own Idea For a Remake

Postby ydx7 » Fri May 06, 2005 3:07 am

Bart, I think the 73(or thereabouts) Ford Torino/Mercury Montego were closer in looks to the Falcon. The Falcon 4dr does resemble the Mav 4dr though. I don't know why the Mav's had those stupid push-button door handles which probably caused arthritis in many a thumb.

larger than life and twice as ugly
ydx7

My Own Idea For a Remake

Postby Tom Millan » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:20 am

Since alot of my "Pike: The Road's Most Wanted" footage was burned in the Edmonton Arlington fire, there are going to be several alterations. The film WILL NOT take place in Max's world.

The film (although in the future) will still pay homeage to Mad Max and Road Warrior. But the character will be more like Dirty Harry. After going through alot of writings I did 21 years ago on the character, Frank Pike is, like it or not, more like Harry Callahan. I'm going to do this film MY way. In the film, Frank Pike's history is unknown. The viewer would see flashbacks of his wife and kids- but nobody knows what happened to them (whether they were killed or not). Pike's history is vague (following the original 1985 formula- it lets the viewer think for themselves what may or may not have happened to Pike in the past.

What do you guys say about that? Do you believe I can pull it off?

Tom

P.S: I'll e-mail the forum a 'advanced-prototype' of "Pike: The Roads Most Wanted" and "Pike: Corpse Road" or "Extreme Frank" (other titles may change).

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

My Own Idea For a Remake

Postby The Toecutter » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:12 am

Personally, I'd like to see Fury Road take place between Mad Max and The Roadwarrior, and cover Max's society during its collapse, not just before like in MM1, and not after like in RW, but during. Show how Max got dog, when and why he fitted the interceptor with fuel tanks, and how he survived in the wastelands and what encounters he had pre-roadwarrior. Perhaps he would visit some of Australia's bigger cities during the looting and riots and no guzzoline at the pump. Perhaps we'd see Australia in civil war, with the bearucrats seeking to maintain control, and the populace outraged seeking to eliminate them from power. Maybe martial law was declared in Max's world and during society's collapse people were forced to work in labor camps by the government or serve in the government's military. Perhaps Max's world was being ravaged by the peak oil phenominon and nations were waging war with oil rich nations seeking to seize oil to keep their economies afloat, and drafts of the younger generation were causing mass anarchy as people become outraged.

I think the title Fury Road is interesting because after MM:BT, cars are likely to be gone for good. Why cal it 'Fury Road' without car duels and chases on the highways? The methane production facilities in Bartertown were destroyed, there was certainly a scarcity of functioning cars by MM:BT's time(Note the junkmobiles replacing existing cars, scrounged up from anything available), and there sure as hell isn't any gasoline left by that time. At best, those methane powered junkmobiles would have about a 100 mile range on a tank of methane, *if* the proper technology was available to compress the natural gas to high pressure levels, otherwise the range would be more like 20-30 miles, just enough to get from Bartertown to Jedediah's place, and back, maybe falling short a few miles. Definately not practical for use, especially with Bartertown gone.

So if Fury Road were to be set post Thunderdome, the cars are probably gone, negating the title somewhat, leading me to think it either is before MM1 or between MM1 and TD, or is is many generations after Thunderdome with society rebuilt and Max long since dead or so old he's about on his deathbed.
------------------------------

The unnecessary felling of a tree, perhaps the growth of centuries, seems to me a crime little short of murder." ~ Thomas Jefferson

The Toecutter

My Own Idea For a Remake

Postby 04GTInterceptor » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:43 pm

I agree with Toecutter. I would like to see the Interceptor back in action. The loss of the Interceptor was a fatal blow to the series. In my opinion that car was a major part of the movie.
Last of the V8 Intercepts, a piece of history, would have been a shame to blow it up
04GTInterceptor

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road