How do we know?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

How do we know?

Postby Mad Max 2050 » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:34 am

Biker, you gotta see Chopper, bloody great film and Bana plays the roll really well, HMV had the DVD on sale for UKP3.99 a while ago. The doco after the film is good too.

"Big Bopper gotcha here, what's going down?"
Mad Max 2050

How do we know?

Postby Tom Millan » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:39 am

Quote: Originally posted by Biker on 05 March 2005

]Hey Tom Millan. So what's the news on this film you're making? Can you shed any details that won't compromise production? I don't suppose you'd like to share the screen play here would you? So you're going with the name Frank eh? Well I guess so if you like it but it's hardly the name of a hero to me.. maybe I'm being biased as my Step Father is named Frank and I really don't like him that much. Had you considered a nickname? Like Snake Foreskin has? Worth considering no?

Jack is a pretty good name... so long as he doesn't freeze to death in the north atlantic after a ship wreck while saving his girlfriend named Rose on a wooden hatch cover. Image

Aaron is also a very excellant name Image invoking thoughts of a deep while handsome person with a dash of drama and menace about him. Image

Biker aka Aaron Image

Well, prodection for "Pike: The Road's Most Wanted" is shut down for now. Alot of us filmakers have regular jobs so its tough. I am working on a novel of the film plus a comic book- been an artist since I was 5. The comic looks like a continuous acid trip with chicks, cars, guns, gore and octane. A sequel called "Pike: Corpse Road" will be done only as a novel and part 2 comic book. I'm not doing this for money, rather, for entertainment.

The original name of the character was Austin Pike BUT the name was ruined or bastardized by those Austin Powers movies. So then, I decided to use the character's middle name which was Winston. Finally, I went with Frank- it just strangely fit- sort of a simple yet apt name like Max or Harry as in Dirty Harry Callahan. The character is a cross between the two (Max and Harry) but has his own original twists and styles. His violence methods are extreme for extreme and by far unorthodox. The character is not two dimensional in any way like Vandamme or Steven Seagal's characters.

The character goes up against sadistic road warrior type terrorist / cannibals- some of them belong to an extremist faction that is a cross between ISLAM, Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism. The faction is lead by an influential and violent man called Long Arm- he wages war on factions that splintered off from his group for their own personal power trips and gains.

One scene I will mention though. I have a scene where a sadist /cannibal covered in chains with hooks dug in his flesh. He is eating steamy contents from inside a skull of a beheaded victim.

Tom

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

How do we know?

Postby Biker » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:20 pm

An Artist huh? I don't suppose you have exmples of your artwork do you somewhere on the internet? I'd really like to have a look at them.

Y'know I remember reading a book years ago that had a character working for an organisation called Corpse. I also recall it said on the cover describing the book to be on par with Mad Max. The story went on that the fella got suckered into going into an underground bomb shelter believing the "poxyclipse" had ocurred, he then had to live with the "survivors" underground for over a year. I was called Agents of C.O.R.P.S.E. or something like that. Just another run of the mill book which offered a lot, but delivered very little in the long run. I keep books that are good reads and read them again a few years later. Those that are damp squibs get consigned to charity shops or sold on.

Your story sounds good, though a bit on the violent end of the spectrum to me 'specially the human skull soup bowl thing. He's a sadist with hooks dug in his flesh?? sounds more like a masochist to me. I hear ya about the Austin Powers thing, I was this close > < to being named Austin, but my parents changed it to Aaron after everyone thought them silly naming me after the car.

I'm looking forward to see any of your drawings if you don't mind sharing them, either via a website or emailed to me directly.

Biker aka Aaron (he with the finely chiselled features and strong jawline thoughtful nature and most definetly NOT 2 dimensional)

A joke for you, besides Steven Seagals acting that is.

A Masochist goes up to a Sadist and says "Hurt me Please."

The Sadist thinks for a moment, smiles and says "No."

Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

How do we know?

Postby Major_Tom » Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:43 pm

Tom Millan sez:

One scene I will mention though. I have a scene where a sadist /cannibal covered in chains with hooks dug in his flesh.

Reminds me of one of my Ex's suspension parties Image

Donnie Darko boy simply couldn't play Max. His eyes look very dark and deep-set and Max-like and he's a promising actor, but he's just too young lookin. He's more of a Golden Youth, but with dark hair... a Mahogany Youth. I don't think the two options above (Crowe and Bana) can be bettered for a substitute Max.

"Remember him... when you look at the night sky.."

"..I will!"
Major_Tom

How do we know?

Postby Tom Millan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:01 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Major_Tom on 07 March 2005

Tom Millan sez:

One scene I will mention though. I have a scene where a sadist /cannibal covered in chains with hooks dug in his flesh.

Reminds me of one of my Ex's suspension parties Image

I would say that it would be a man who is 'run' by a 'yes dear' controlling / power thirsty nag of a wife. Geeze....

Tom Millan

How do we know?

Postby Major_Tom » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:25 pm

Tom Sez:

I would say that it would be a man who is 'run' by a 'yes dear' controlling / power thirsty nag of a wife. Geeze....

No dude, she'd be the one who'd suspend herself, I'd help her with the hooks. Quite a sight really. But I wasn't a 'controlling / power-thirsty nag' of a bloke to her - I can't speak for everyone in the world, but that's not the reason most people do that kind of thing.

"..I will!"
Major_Tom

How do we know?

Postby Tom Millan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:36 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Major_Tom on 07 March 2005

Tom Sez:

No dude, she'd be the one who'd suspend herself, I'd help her with the hooks. Quite a sight really. But I wasn't a 'controlling / power-thirsty nag' of a bloke to her - I can't speak for everyone in the world, but that's not the reason most people do that kind of thing.

Yah I know man. Was just kidding. Got to go to work now. Take it easy.

Tom Millan

How do we know?

Postby Major_Tom » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:11 pm

I post as I work!! Heh heh heh! I'm the King of the World!

"..I will!"
Major_Tom

How do we know?

Postby bmacsys » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:28 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Tom Millan on 06 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Biker on 05 March 2005

]Hey Tom Millan. So what's the news on this film you're making? Can you shed any details that won't compromise production? I don't suppose you'd like to share the screen play here would you? So you're going with the name Frank eh? Well I guess so if you like it but it's hardly the name of a hero to me.. maybe I'm being biased as my Step Father is named Frank and I really don't like him that much. Had you considered a nickname? Like Snake Foreskin has? Worth considering no?

Jack is a pretty good name... so long as he doesn't freeze to death in the north atlantic after a ship wreck while saving his girlfriend named Rose on a wooden hatch cover. Image

Aaron is also a very excellant name Image invoking thoughts of a deep while handsome person with a dash of drama and menace about him. Image

Biker aka Aaron Image

Well, prodection for "Pike: The Road's Most Wanted" is shut down for now. Alot of us filmakers have regular jobs so its tough. I am working on a novel of the film plus a comic book- been an artist since I was 5. The comic looks like a continuous acid trip with chicks, cars, guns, gore and octane. A sequel called "Pike: Corpse Road" will be done only as a novel and part 2 comic book. I'm not doing this for money, rather, for entertainment.

The original name of the character was Austin Pike BUT the name was ruined or bastardized by those Austin Powers movies. So then, I decided to use the character's middle name which was Winston. Finally, I went with Frank- it just strangely fit- sort of a simple yet apt name like Max or Harry as in Dirty Harry Callahan. The character is a cross between the two (Max and Harry) but has his own original twists and styles. His violence methods are extreme for extreme and by far unorthodox. The character is not two dimensional in any way like Vandamme or Steven Seagal's characters.

The character goes up against sadistic road warrior type terrorist / cannibals- some of them belong to an extremist faction that is a cross between ISLAM, Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism. The faction is lead by an influential and violent man called Long Arm- he wages war on factions that splintered off from his group for their own personal power trips and gains.

One scene I will mention though. I have a scene where a sadist /cannibal covered in chains with hooks dug in his flesh. He is eating steamy contents from inside a skull of a beheaded victim.

Tom

Well Tom, why don't you post some jpegs of your work for us.

bmacsys

How do we know?

Postby Anklecranker » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:40 am

Ben Broward from Farscape.............would make an excellent Max...........

Anklecranker

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road