How Would You Improve Thunderdome?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby Tom Millan » Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:16 am

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 10 November 2004

I still dig MEL, he's to sentimental to me, i grew up with him, whatever career chices he takes now, will still remember MAX, RIGGS(part 1 and 2 anyhow), THE RIVER, HAMLET, TEQUILLA SUNRISE, THE BOUNTY, GALLIPOLI, TIM, and PAYBACK.

True, I don't doubt that he's done many excellent films. Payback was excellent. Max should have been that way in Thunderdome OR if he did Fury Road, he should bring the Payback style to it.

Tom
Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...
Tom Millan

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:31 pm

I watched an old interview with him recently i had on tape, of MEL on the MIKE WALSH show, back in 86' promoting THUNDERDOME, and in it, the interviewer said "why did you come back, to the character" And MEL says, "cause it was different, theres no point doing the same thing twice"

Now i can understand that, and i agree, but it also sucks, for people like me, who i admit, just want to see another ROAD WARRIOR, seriously, i'd rather see a REMAKE of that, than another THUNDERDOME, with completely new characters, and no vehicles, and a PG rating.

I want savagery, and carnage, and vehicles, not made after 1980.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby Tom Millan » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:57 pm

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 11 November 2004

I watched an old interview with him recently i had on tape, of MEL on the MIKE WALSH show, back in 86' promoting THUNDERDOME, and in it, the interviewer said "why did you come back, to the character" And MEL says, "cause it was different, theres no point doing the same thing twice"

Now i can understand that, and i agree, but it also sucks, for people like me, who i admit, just want to see another ROAD WARRIOR, seriously, i'd rather see a REMAKE of that, than another THUNDERDOME, with completely new characters, and no vehicles, and a PG rating.

So much for "The War King". Beyond Thunderdome DID go alittle beyond maximum speed.

Tom

Tom Millan

Postby Uncle Entity » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:36 pm

Quote: Originally posted by rockatansky4073 on 11 November 2004

I absolutely agree 100%, Rock. Not a simple rehash of THE ROAD WARRIOR, but a kick-ass, gritty, dark 'n' dangerous movie about a possible future... featuring Max, the cars, the roads, the deserts, the homo-fetish culture costumes... and kids burned alive all the time.

Max should have been more in the "PAYBACK" line, that was the only worthwile asshole Mel pulled off since the BRAVEHEAR exploit.

I agree.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby DetritusMaximus » Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:05 am

"Payback"? "PAYBACK?!"

Ack! Go watch the original 'Payback' called 'Point Blank', 1967 with lee Marvin. If you want to see a serious asshole, Lee Marvin is relentless where Gibson's character got soft towards the end. Not as action packed for sure, but I like it better.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby Mad Goose » Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:44 am

In the actors way, I think Joaquin Phoenix would play Max pretty well. Also, to improve what some people call "Blunderdome" I would make it more Road Warrior like. It's too similar to mafia movies with Auntie as the Godfather. Don't get me wrong, mafia movies are good, but it wouldn't do well in a post apocalyptic world. I would make Auntie's group a hoarde who's hideout is Bartertown.

The primitive people, I am not sure what they are called, I would remove them and place a small group of miliatarial survivors in their place. This group would be full of women and children, who with the men live in fear of Auntie's wrath.

In the movie, Max would organize them into a fighting force similar to the Main Force Patrol. The former leader of this platoon, a captain or a seargent, would be played by Sean Connery, who would eventually grow to like Max. In the end, they would end up losing to Auntie's overwhelming armies. Auntie would leave Max and Sean Connery's character alive, with no water, to die off in the barren desert.

As for location, Australia is good, but I think Bartertown should be in a jungle, so I also support the idea of it being in Africa, preferably somewhere adjecent to the jungle and the Saharan Desert.

A title could be "Mad Max: The Fall of Civilasation"
Eh Max, let's have a see-looks

whatta turkey

Hey fella your a real turkey!

Mad Goose

Postby Tom Millan » Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:58 am

Quote: Originally posted by Mad Goose on 03 June 2005

In the actors way, I think Joaquin Phoenix would play Max pretty well. Also, to improve what some people call "Blunderdome" I would make it more Road Warrior like. It's too similar to mafia movies with Auntie as the Godfather. Don't get me wrong, mafia movies are good, but it wouldn't do well in a post apocalyptic world. I would make Auntie's group a hoarde who's hideout is Bartertown.

The primitive people, I am not sure what they are called, I would remove them and place a small group of miliatarial survivors in their place. This group would be full of women and children, who with the men live in fear of Auntie's wrath.

In the movie, Max would organize them into a fighting force similar to the Main Force Patrol. The former leader of this platoon, a captain or a seargent, would be played by Sean Connery, who would eventually grow to like Max. In the end, they would end up losing to Auntie's overwhelming armies. Auntie would leave Max and Sean Connery's character alive, with no water, to die off in the barren desert.

As for location, Australia is good, but I think Bartertown should be in a jungle, so I also support the idea of it being in Africa, preferably somewhere adjecent to the jungle and the Saharan Desert.

A title could be "Mad Max: The Fall of Civilasation"

Good responce and suggestions. I like the title as well. Abunch of us were getting off topic on this thread. The title asked for improvements on Thunderdome. Thank you for your on topic input.

Tom

Tom Millan

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road