Mad Max 4 good and bad news.

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:06 pm

"Stop writing on this site"??

I don't THINK so.

Strong debate about upcoming movies is not a bad thing.

If nothing else, it increases the movie's exposure. I.E. Free Advertising.

"What's all this fuss over.. I'd better go see the movie to find out"

(How do you think TriStar's Godzilla managed to turn a Profit??)

"Down on this project"

Many, including myself have formed the opinion that since Gibson has said in interviews that he WON'T Play the part again, he won't be playing the part again.

(Please prove this wrong.. And by proof we'll still need more than just "Trust me")

This leaves basically two directions the movie (as a movie) can be taken.

Either it can be dropped entirely or it can be recast.

Obviously recasting is tricky and many will not approve.

Sometimes recasting can work (Bond) and sometimes it fails miserably (Robocop, Darkman).

And as for the Novel.. I'd choose Fury Road being made into a Novel over Fury Road being Scrapped entirely (At this point, the latter seems likeliest)
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

Postby FordMercury » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:23 am

Quote: Originally posted by Mad Man on 15 September 2004

I don't B.S, trust me on that..... Why is everyone so down on this project, it's just a movie. You guys just don't get how the market works in Hollywood. Its a no brainer. And this film will never become just a novel, thats not how Hollywood works people. Everyone should just stop writing on this site and wait for the film to come out. Trust me. Prey that he's still out there.

I really hope you're right since this was/is my most anticipated movie, regarding your credibility well i do find strange that Brendan McCarthy still refuses to talk about this project, i mean if it was really cancelled then you could probably talk about it right?And George Miller other project, Happy Feet seems to going into some problems too so i wonder if MM4 might go ahead now....
FordMercury

Postby StepChld » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:08 am

I'm just curious Mad Man...you keep saying "Prey that he's still out there". Are you intentionally mispelling the word "Pray"? Is that some kind of clue or something? If it is, then I guess you need to be a little more obvious for us lunkheads who just don't get it! Image

Cheers,

Step
Never moon a werewolf!
StepChld

Postby Mad Man » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:09 pm

Its just that I speak three different languages, somthing you'll never have a problem with.Image
Mad Man

Postby FordMercury » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:35 pm

Mad man so when are we going to see anything new on the movie ? :P
FordMercury

Postby StepChld » Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:36 am

Mad Man...are you saying that speaking three different languages means you can't spell in one?Image

Cheers,

Step...who honestly was not trying to be a "spelling Nazi" but was just simply curious. Oh, and also speaks two different languages, although not very well...according to my hispanic studentsImage
Never moon a werewolf!
StepChld

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:10 am

HA! this is exactly the kind of argument/debate, that keeps this Forum alive.

this is what EMPIRE magazine means when they say "the internet's alive with rumour"

notice they always say that about FURY ROAD.Image
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby Mad Man » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:06 pm

Like I said, somthing you'll never know nothing about smart guy. Buy the way, how long have you been studying film?
Mad Man

Postby StepChld » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:28 pm

Well let's see Mad Man...does a B.A. degree in Radio, Televsion and Film count (Univ. of North Texas)...or how about a Masters?...I guess I've been studying the "industry" for about 17 years and teaching it for about 3 (well, actually Television Broadcasting to high school age kids)...I guess not very long,huh?

"Smart Guy?" Is that a compliment or was that some lame insult? You know Mad Man, for a guy who is in the "know" , you sure have some terrible typing/writing skills...I take it you're not a writer for the "business". What, maybe you nail a few sets, push a broom around, maybe even move the house trailers around for the "Stars" ...or perhaps you delivered donuts to the set one day... Image

All in good fun b/c I'm off today,

Step

Never moon a werewolf!
StepChld

Postby Mad Man » Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:47 pm

So why are you in Texas and I'am In L.A. , plus degrees ain't sh*t with out exp. buddy, come on you know that. I turned down so many people with degrees. Keep dreaming In cheap ass Texas...... you started this becouse of one word, your teacher, you should know better then that. Don't hate be friend.
Mad Man

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road