TINA HAS TO RETURN

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby Nitro » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:43 am

The problem here as that some of you want back the MFP, Max's dog, Tina Turner, the V8 Interceptor, etc, etc, well why don't they just remake the previous movies..

I mean, I don't know about you but I want to see a fresh and original Mad Max that isn't bogged down in continuity..
"Remember lingerie?"
Nitro

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:48 pm

we all want that pal, but we also want what made the first two what they were.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby Nitro » Wed Feb 19, 2003 4:40 am

Agree, rockantansky (in fact I agree with a lot of what you say)

AND NO TINA! SHE WAS THE CRAPPIEST VILLAIN EVER! ALL THAT SMUGNESS ABOUT HER AND SHE CAN'T EVEN DRIVE, SHE IS NOT THREATENING AT ALL JUST A WASHED UP HAS-BEEN WHO IS PROBABLY LOOKING FOR A CAREER REVIVAL!! MAD MAX IS SUPPOSED TO BE CUTTING EDGE, NOT CUTE KIDS RUNNING AROUND WITH A POP DIVA VILLAIN!

IF f**kIN TINA TURNER IS IN THIS MOVIE THAN I DENOUNCE IT AS TOTAL HOLLYWOOD sh*t AND I WILL NEVER SIT THROUGH THE TWO HOURS OF WHAT WILL BE UTTER GLOSSY GARBAGE!!!

HECK IF YOU PUT TINA IN WHY DON'T YOU JUST HAVE MAX SPROUTING ONE LINERS AND GETTING THE CHICK IN THE END AS WELL AS HAVING A CGI COMIC RELIEF VOICED BY EDDIE MURPHY!!!

Ahh, good to let all that out ;)
"Remember lingerie?"
Nitro

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby TINAROCKS » Wed Feb 19, 2003 10:14 pm

ImageNITRO............ Boy do I feel sorry for you. Anyone who takes these movies that seriously needs help. Listen to all that anger. You are either a weasly little computer nerd stuck to his screen or a lonely middle-aged who is in desperate need of company. Get over yourself. And anyways, who are you trying to kid. Even if Tina Turner is in this movie you will still be first in line. Just to bitch about it after.

This movie is going to be total hollywood. Mel Gibson is total hollywood. The movie is budgeted over $100 million. Wake up and smell the coffee, because this is not going to be an independent-like film. And it's not going to be like the others.
TINAROCKS

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby Nitro » Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:11 am

Well I feel sorry for you 'TINAROCKS' (are you Uncle's sock?), because you are a fan of Tina Turner! I remember my primary school putting on 'nutbush city limits' at our formal, oh the agony! Listen to Tina's song at the beginning of Thunderdome, boy does it date the movie right back to 1985 quicker than you can say 'mullet'.

And why the f**k do you think they would ask Tina back anyway? It would be commercial suicide. She is not popular anymore and there's a reason she hasn't acted for years - BECAUSE SHE CAN'T ACT! Plain and simple.

Sure, hollywood is certain to f**k this up but there's still hope....
"Remember lingerie?"
Nitro

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby TINAROCKS » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:01 pm

ImageSo you must be like 12 if you are still in pain about the "primary school" incident involving Tina's Nutbush City Limits. Unless you are way older and still obsess about those kind of things. And Duh, Nutbush City Limits isn't a very good song. But by bashing Tina you won't get me like I know you think you would. Call her the worst of names. Insult every last part of her career. I don't care. I will just say that I know she will return and you will be miserable, because it seems that's what you life is focused on.

One thing I was curious about though: You made it seem very negative that Tina's opening song on MM3 immediately dates it back to the 80's. Why is that so bad? You can't praise these movies,especially The Road Warrior and then make a comment like that. Face it, these movies are 80's. You could be blind and still tell when they were made. And big deal. They were masterpieces. I don't think you even know what you are talking about.
TINAROCKS

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:17 am

f**kin NUTBUSH CITY LIMITS, what the hell is with primary school and that song they force you to dance to the bastard in PE, then put it on at your formal.

TINAROCKS... mmm, little bit of an insecurity problem there pal. the first thing an insecure person does is points it out in others. TINA TURNER is not coming back, if you just pay attention to the films, in particular THUNDERDOME, her story is over, each MAD MAX is seperate. part 2 didn't have any of the characters or storys from the first one. part 3 didn't mention anything about the 'great northern tribe' or feral kid or anyone. then at the end of part 3, aunty turns her back and leaves, max walks off into the sunset. it was over that story was over. Now while WE want the same themes and feeling as the first two, course i'd be happy to see characters from those two come back, but i'd be just as happy to see brand new characters with new agendas there.

I don't give a sh*t how much you like that dried up has been, she's gone - her windows ain't steamy no more... calm down.
rockatansky4073

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby Nitro » Sat Feb 22, 2003 5:48 am

Hey, rockantansky, we do have something in common!

You live in Tasmania right? I live in QLD and we BOTH had to endure that song in primary school. Sounds like a conspiracy to me! ;)

And it just doesn't make sense to bring back Aunty. I mean, it would be more profitable to put in a recent singer like Britney or Christina or even that Avril Lavinge and then they could do a song based on MM4 that would supposedly top the charts and also get in a bit of advertising. Tina hasn't been popular for ages as far as I know.

But the thing is why would Miller spend all that extra $$ on another star when he already has Mel Gibson, whose presence alone ensures a pretty good gross.
"Remember lingerie?"
Nitro

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby Uncle Entity » Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:47 pm

"AND NO TINA! SHE WAS THE CRAPPIEST VILLAIN EVER! ALL THAT SMUGNESS ABOUT HER AND SHE CAN'T EVEN DRIVE, SHE IS NOT THREATENING AT ALL JUST A WASHED UP HAS-BEEN WHO IS PROBABLY LOOKING FOR A CAREER REVIVAL!! MAD MAX IS SUPPOSED TO BE CUTTING EDGE, NOT CUTE KIDS RUNNING AROUND WITH A POP DIVA VILLAIN!"

George Miller has spoken. He teached us what the "Mad Max" concept stands for. Thanks George... but why did you nickname yourself as "Nitro"?

This is by far the worst discussion ever been.

TINAROCKS, have you enjoyed my site, girl?
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

TINA HAS TO RETURN

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:47 am

and what is it the MAD MAX concept stands for? Do educate us.
rockatansky4073

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road