Page 1 of 3

Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:15 am
by Mad_Jim
Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?? I've checked google news almost every day since 2015 and am now giving up on it I literally don't think its ever gonna happen! Did anyone get any new proof any movement on it?

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:32 am
by MWFV8
Well, I suggest you go to the Fury Road section of this forum, go to page 37 of the threads, and note the posts from fifteen years ago.

Seriously, you're bottling it after 18 months? Come wander the wasteland with the rest of us.

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:45 am
by levcore
I don't think it will happen.

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:38 am
by Mad_Jim
MWFV8 wrote:Well, I suggest you go to the Fury Road section of this forum, go to page 37 of the threads, and note the posts from fifteen years ago.

Seriously, you're bottling it after 18 months? Come wander the wasteland with the rest of us.


I have bud, I know it's sad, but Fury Road is possibly the best film I've ever seen I need more!

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:39 am
by Mad_Jim
levcore wrote:I don't think it will happen.


I'm starting to think the same, even the producer of Fury Road doesn't think so either!

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:14 pm
by henry2
Hi Mad_Jim! :) I still think it will happen. George Miller doesn't crank out movies, he takes his time which is probably part of why his films are so good. I prefer him taking his time so we get the best movie possible.

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:00 pm
by biolumen
I'm not surprised at the lack of movement on FR2. Over the past 3 decades Miller has averaged almost 6 years between film releases, so 2+ years with no news isn't all that out of the ordinary.

Will it ever happen? It might, but maybe without Miller at the helm. There's also the possibility that he wants to do something else first. That would make a sequel from him even less likely. Much would depend on his health, his desire to do it, and how receptive the new management at WB is to what he wants to make.

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:03 pm
by henry2
biolumen wrote:I'm not surprised at the lack of movement on FR2. Over the past 3 decades Miller has averaged almost 6 years between film releases, so 2+ years with no news isn't all that out of the ordinary.

Will it ever happen? It might, but maybe without Miller at the helm. There's also the possibility that he wants to do something else first. That would make a sequel from him even less likely. Much would depend on his health, his desire to do it, and how receptive the new management at WB is to what he wants to make.


Miller has said he wants to do a small quick film before he goes back to MAD MAX, and I really think it will happen! :)

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:37 pm
by biolumen
Perhaps, but I don't buy that it'll be small or quick. He once said he wanted to make a "small" film before making Happy Feet 2. That "small" film turned out to be Justice League: Mortal. Funny guy.

Re: Does anyone think the Fury Road sequel will ever happen?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:45 pm
by henry2
biolumen wrote:Perhaps, but I don't buy that it'll be small or quick. He once said he wanted to make a "small" film before making Happy Feet 2. That "small" film turned out to be Justice League: Mortal. Funny guy.


Maybe this new "small" film will turn out to be the next MAD MAX! :)