How come so much behind the scenes wasn't on the Dvd/Blu-Ray

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

How come so much behind the scenes wasn't on the Dvd/Blu-Ray

Postby AquaCola » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:25 pm

When Fury Road was about to be released or had just come out a few days there was loads of behind the scenes content being uploaded and so much of it was cut from the DVD/Blu-Ray release. I was really disappointed that a lot of people would miss this content if they didn't go searching around on youtube.

For example this one has some really good parts and explanations that should have been in the Cars special features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERSBfT-mkmw

Here is another feature on Immortan Joe thats is SOOOOO much better than what they used for the DVD/Blu-Ray:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZyrR9jPXYo

I hope the Black & Chrome Blu-Ray has all the missing/extra content on it since the stuff they left out is really good and explains some of the more intricate parts of the story better.

I found this gem too, check out 18:20 for a deleted scene, one of the warboys fills in Nux on the mission:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9kK-CbqH0k

"Whose being sent out?"
"Everybody, pursuit, assault, the big ?rig? itself".
Last edited by AquaCola on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AquaCola

Re: How come so much behind the scenes content wasn't on the

Postby themanw/oaname » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:08 am

i've noticed that quite a few movies are given better exclusive content to bluray instead of dvd so i'm not surprised.

it's a shame. i dont have a rational reason to get a bluray player or jump to the medium either; and for only a few movies (which i have blurays of because they were in combo packs with dvds, or i had access to a bluray player and wanted a higher def(unnoticed) version of the movie for them)
themanw/oaname

Re: How come so much behind the scenes content wasn't on the

Postby AquaCola » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Sorry I should have wrote my post better, I don't have a blu-ray player so I still call a physical release a DVD regardless of what its played on. I edited my post.

The Blu-Ray has all the special features but its still missing so much content that you can find on youtube. In some cases the missing content is so much better than what they used like the Immortan feature.

"This is a man who would chop heads for not accepting that he was a God", that should not have been cut from the special features.

Hopefully the Black & Chrome version has more of the early content you can find on youtube.
AquaCola

Re: How come so much behind the scenes wasn't on the Dvd/Blu

Postby tehCal » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:57 pm

I was bitterly disappointed that they didn't include an interactive listing of all (and I mean ALL) the vehicles :/
tehCal

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road