IMMORTAN JOE TOOK DOWN AN MFP OFFICER?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: IMMORTAN JOE TOOK DOWN AN MFP OFFICER?

Postby MWFV8 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:59 am

rockatansky4073 wrote:RIGHT???
Can't believe i'd never seen it or read about it on here before.

It has been mentioned before deep within a thread somewhere.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby MWFV8 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Taipan wrote:It still cracks me up that there's a Tesla badge on the dash, Miller's big fuck you to electric cars in the apocalypse. The badges seem to be from cars in his armada, probably run down and incorporated into his fleet, including that lawnmower that serves as something epic, probably cutting his lawn on top of the Citadel.

I always saw his dash as a sort of shrine. But I guess it could be trophies.
MWFV8

Postby Taipan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:12 pm

MWFV8 wrote:I always saw his dash as a sort of shrine. But I guess it could be trophies.

I think it's that too, the whole vehicle is his throne, a shrine, mobile hospital and generally his ego on wheels. BTW, regarding the badges I heard a story that early on Ford wanted to provide some cars for the movie under the condition that their logo would be visible on cars. They provided some F series trucks but the deal fell through early on and they didn't bother to take back already modified cars. Then I looked at the Tyre Medic hood and holy shit it's all covered in Ford logos. Not sure if that was part of the plan or some joke or maybe it's not even related at all. It'd be awesome if someone confirmed or denied that story.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby MWFV8 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:23 am

Taipan wrote:
MWFV8 wrote:I always saw his dash as a sort of shrine. But I guess it could be trophies.

I think it's that too, the whole vehicle is his throne, a shrine, mobile hospital and generally his ego on wheels. BTW, regarding the badges I heard a story that early on Ford wanted to provide some cars for the movie under the condition that their logo would be visible on cars. They provided some F series trucks but the deal fell through early on and they didn't bother to take back already modified cars. Then I looked at the Tyre Medic hood and holy shit it's all covered in Ford logos. Not sure if that was part of the plan or some joke or maybe it's not even related at all. It'd be awesome if someone confirmed or denied that story.

Good point about the throne element, which I've seen mentioned by the designers. Love the story about Ford. You never know how deep a story like that may run. Could even be the reason the Interceptor made such a weak appearance.
MWFV8

Postby Artemis Flow » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:03 pm

I heard the badges came from every vehicle that was scavenged for use by the Citadel and in the making of Fury Road the Gigahorse is described as IJ 's throne
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:08 am

you can see it in the pic Taipan put up, it's just to the right of Max's leg.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road