Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby biolumen » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:56 pm

biolumen
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby Artemis Flow » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:20 pm

* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
User avatar
Artemis Flow
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby Turbofurball » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:38 am

Artemis Flow wrote:Why bother when we have http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Max-Road-INSP ... 104%2C160_

A fair point, though a different way of selecting the artists (ie. enthusiasts, rather than all being DC/Vertigo paid artists), and these all came after the movie's release so there might be a different focus :)

EDIT: not sure about their pricing structure though, most of the physical copies are claimed yet they aren't even halfway to the goal amount.
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
User avatar
Turbofurball
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:05 am

Re: Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby tehCal » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:43 am

I'm sorry, but that just sounds terrible. No offence -- it just doesn't feel to me like something a longtime Mad Max fan would consider "authentic". The reference to Tumblr pretty much set off warning bells immediately. It all just screams "teenage girls who draw anime caricatures of Furiosa and write romantic fan fiction about Nux".

Now, an official, detailed and thorough look at the costume/production design and the off-screen backstories George Miller had planned out for each and every character, vehicle and object in the film -- that would be amazing. And the potential is absolutely there, because Miller and Lathouris have repeatedly admitted having written two screenplays worth of notes and backstory.
tehCal
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby Artemis Flow » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:06 am

tehCal wrote:I'm sorry, but that just sounds terrible. No offence -- it just doesn't feel to me like something a longtime Mad Max fan would consider "authentic". The reference to Tumblr pretty much set off warning bells immediately. It all just screams "teenage girls who draw anime caricatures of Furiosa and write romantic fan fiction about Nux".

Now, an official, detailed and thorough look at the costume/production design and the off-screen backstories George Miller had planned out for each and every character, vehicle and object in the film -- that would be amazing. And the potential is absolutely there, because Miller and Lathouris have repeatedly admitted having written two screenplays worth of notes and backstory.


I agree you can go to Deviant art and see all that for free , the site blurb says we want action figures and merch like that but doesn't aim to deliver that , I would only consider buying artwork if the original artists were involved , oh wait I have :mrgreen:
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
User avatar
Artemis Flow
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby Turbofurball » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:59 am

tehCal wrote:I'm sorry, but that just sounds terrible. No offence -- it just doesn't feel to me like something a longtime Mad Max fan would consider "authentic". The reference to Tumblr pretty much set off warning bells immediately. It all just screams "teenage girls who draw anime caricatures of Furiosa and write romantic fan fiction about Nux".
That assumes that this book is aimed at you as a consumer. It sounds like it's targeted at new fans, a more specifically at millenial women.

Now, an official, detailed and thorough look at the costume/production design and the off-screen backstories George Miller had planned out for each and every character, vehicle and object in the film -- that would be amazing. And the potential is absolutely there, because Miller and Lathouris have repeatedly admitted having written two screenplays worth of notes and backstory.
Like "The Art of Fury Road" book, which already exists?
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
User avatar
Turbofurball
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:05 am

Re: Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby tehCal » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:09 pm

The Art Of Fury Road is a good read, but is no way the comprehensive look at the cars/world-building that I'm asking for. Aside from the Interceptor, the War Rig and the Gigahorse, it skims over the cars from the film in like 2-3 pages.
tehCal
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby MWFV8 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:12 am

Well it's fan-fiction at the end of the day. I'll pass, but I say all the best to them.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
User avatar
MWFV8
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 2:06 pm

Re: Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby Turbofurball » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:22 am

tehCal wrote:The Art Of Fury Road is a good read, but is no way the comprehensive look at the cars/world-building that I'm asking for. Aside from the Interceptor, the War Rig and the Gigahorse, it skims over the cars from the film in like 2-3 pages.

Good point, though I wonder how many of the background vehicles were a case of rustling up whatever scrap could be had and throwing something together!

A really in-depth book of it all would be great though, it would probably have to be 3" thick though, lol
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
User avatar
Turbofurball
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:05 am

Re: Kickstarter for Fury Road Fan-Zine

Postby Artemis Flow » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:30 am

Turbofurball wrote:
tehCal wrote:The Art Of Fury Road is a good read, but is no way the comprehensive look at the cars/world-building that I'm asking for. Aside from the Interceptor, the War Rig and the Gigahorse, it skims over the cars from the film in like 2-3 pages.

Good point, though I wonder how many of the background vehicles were a case of rustling up whatever scrap could be had and throwing something together!

A really in-depth book of it all would be great though, it would probably have to be 3" thick though, lol


All the vehicles were pretty well thought out and designed from the drawing board up , theres a lot of concept pics for many of the cars , they seemed to have tried to get cars from all over the world we have cars from France , UK , USA , Japan , Australia , Eastern Europe - something for everyone :!:
I'd love a nice book on the cars , until then I will keep working on my site ( see below ) when I get time :mrgreen:
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
User avatar
Artemis Flow
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests