Is the UK version tamer?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby Artemis Flow » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:29 am

Taipan wrote:
Artemis Flow wrote:Wow , nude Megan Gale was one of my highlights lol


Speaking of which, it is just me or did they CG out her butt crack a little in the theatrical cut? When I looked at it in the cinema (because duh) I noticed something was off. Gotta check the blu ray again lol


Yes lets do that :mrgreen:
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
User avatar
Artemis Flow
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby levcore » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:58 am

The stunt woman who slides down the rope has definitely been CG'd to be nude. I presume it was too risky a stunt to do completely nude. When she slides down you can tell some CG work has been used on her lower half.
levcore
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby Artemis Flow » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:28 am

Yes that bit always makes me whince lol owee rope burn lol
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
User avatar
Artemis Flow
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby AquaCola » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:07 am

On the UK DVD the People Eater scene hasn't been edited, just checked there and all the bloody bits are still the same as the theatrical release.

There are a lot of new sound effects though, more screams, chants, engines revs, skidding etc

You can really notice it during the "Hitch up his blood bag" part, the music and doof warrior parts are mixed differently aswell, its lower in the mix and they use some of the more distorted/phasy iSense Doof warrior parts, they aren't as upfront as they were in the cinema.

The film also seems to be 1-2% faster but that may be my DVD player. I could tell straight away since I've listened to the soundtrack 100+ times. This really strikes me as odd.
AquaCola
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:57 am

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby Ameise » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:11 am

AquaCola wrote:
The film also seems to be 1-2% faster but that may be my DVD player. I could tell straight away since I've listened to the soundtrack 100+ times. This really strikes me as odd.


Hi folks!
(odd first post but who cares ^^)

The movie on your DVD in fact runs 4% faster. Thats due to the DVD running at 25 frames per second, instead of 24 fps like the original movie (and the BluRay). This results in the whole movie running faster and therefore beeing several minutes shorter. The pitch of the sound does also increase a little bit if there are no measures taken to prevent it.

Crazy isnt it?
Ameise
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:42 am

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby TheOysterChild » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:27 am

Cheers everyone.
I took back my blue ray and replaced it with a normal DVD. Both seem to me to run this 4 percent faster. Now that i've noticed it = I can't not notice it ..grrrr .


At least they didn't do what they did for Lethal Weapon 2 (which I'm still fuming about after all these years)
TheOysterChild
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:15 am

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby levcore » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:14 am

The Blu Ray does not run any faster as stated in the post above yours. Why on Earth would anyone want to return a blu ray and replace it with a vastly inferior DVD?
levcore
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby TheOysterChild » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:52 am

Probably will buy the Blu Ray again at some time, but I kept on having issues like the extras would not play and the film kept on freezing.
TheOysterChild
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:15 am

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby AquaCola » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:38 am

Ameise wrote:
AquaCola wrote:
The film also seems to be 1-2% faster but that may be my DVD player. I could tell straight away since I've listened to the soundtrack 100+ times. This really strikes me as odd.


Hi folks!
(odd first post but who cares ^^)

The movie on your DVD in fact runs 4% faster. Thats due to the DVD running at 25 frames per second, instead of 24 fps like the original movie (and the BluRay). This results in the whole movie running faster and therefore beeing several minutes shorter. The pitch of the sound does also increase a little bit if there are no measures taken to prevent it.

Crazy isnt it?


Thanks very much for the explanation! To me this really messes with the pace of the film, some of the epic scenes are way to fast and jumpy now. I'm going to buy a console soon so I will buy the blu-ray version then.
AquaCola
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:57 am

Re: Is the UK version tamer?

Postby levcore » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:46 am

TheOysterChild wrote:Probably will buy the Blu Ray again at some time, but I kept on having issues like the extras would not play and the film kept on freezing.


That's really weird, how long have you had your player? I've loads of problems with faulty blu ray players over the years and have gone through no less than 7 blu ray players since 2010!! I do have almost 950 blu rays though so the players get a lot of use lol.
levcore
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 11:31 am

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests