Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:50 am

Timeout !

Just for fun, let's do a little experiment: just replace Charlize Theron with Virginia Hey

Let's pretend Warrior Woman survived in Road Warrior and she lost her left arm in the final chase.
Let's pretend Thunderdome never happend (haha) and Fury Road is the final chapter of the Trilogy.
At the beginning of FR we get the Info that Warrior Woman once was part of a female warrior tribe, called the Vuvalini, and now she is searching for her homeland.
Max helps her to find the way home and they're fighting side by side against an evil War Lord, well of course, Immortan Joe.

Just think about it for a minute...

I'm 100% sure under this premise nobody - hell, even the hardest hardcore fans - would have ever complained that Max is just a side character...
User avatar
Immortan Joecutter
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 am

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby MWFV8 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:12 pm

I felt Furiousa dominated over Max. Maybe not in screen time but in terms of character, plot, and how many scenes revolve around her. I also felt Nux did too.

For me it's not a frustration borne out of Furiousa being a woman, more so a frustration that we live in a world where studios feel they have to sneak a female driven action story in front of audience using a male dominated franchise as some sort of trojan horse. Fury Road could have easily stood alone as non-MadMax movie and been incredibly successful, personally I think it would have been better as a new franchise. But I guess it's not so easy to sell that concept to investors, studio execs, and global audiences. Hell, I've been trying to pitch my own dual female-male lead apocalyptic action movie for four years and you'd think the script is radioactive.

I got to the end of Fury Road and thought "Wow! That was awesome! Real stunts! Female centric theme! Amazing work by the art department! But what the f**k did any of it have to do with Max Max?"
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
User avatar
MWFV8
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 2:06 pm

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby draknoir2 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Immortan Joecutter wrote:Timeout !

Just for fun, let's do a little experiment: just replace Charlize Theron with Virginia Hey

Let's pretend Warrior Woman survived in Road Warrior and she lost her left arm in the final chase.
Let's pretend Thunderdome never happend (haha) and Fury Road is the final chapter of the Trilogy.
At the beginning of FR we get the Info that Warrior Woman once was part of a female warrior tribe, called the Vuvalini, and now she is searching for her homeland.
Max helps her to find the way home and they're fighting side by side against an evil War Lord, well of course, Immortan Joe.

Just think about it for a minute...

I'm 100% sure under this premise nobody - hell, even the hardest hardcore fans - would have ever complained that Max is just a side character...


Warrior woman wasn't a typecast known, nor was her role eclipsing. Apples and oranges. Lets say it had been Ryan Reynolds as Furio, or Milla Jojovich as Furiosa - same complaint.
"Two days ago, I saw a vehicle that would haul that tanker. You want to get out of here? You talk to me."
User avatar
draknoir2
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Chicago Area

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:50 pm

MWFV8 wrote:I felt Furiousa dominated over Max. Maybe not in screen time but in terms of character, plot, and how many scenes revolve around her. I also felt Nux did too.


This is two against one.

That's unfair !

Poor Max :roll:
User avatar
Immortan Joecutter
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 am

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby draknoir2 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:24 am

Immortan Joecutter wrote:
MWFV8 wrote:I felt Furiousa dominated over Max. Maybe not in screen time but in terms of character, plot, and how many scenes revolve around her. I also felt Nux did too.


This is two against one.

That's unfair !

Poor Max :roll:


Image
"Two days ago, I saw a vehicle that would haul that tanker. You want to get out of here? You talk to me."
User avatar
draknoir2
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Chicago Area

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:46 am

Nice artwork, draknoir2

But where is Nux..?
He clearly dominated over Max. Or is it already titled 'Mad Nux' ???

Just kidding.

The truth is, there are two different versions of Fury Road.
I suspect you saw the Furiosa Edition.

I bought the Extended Cut including Tom Hardy as Max Rockatansky. It's way better...

Max Edition.jpg
Max Edition.jpg (37 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
User avatar
Immortan Joecutter
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 am

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby scfc68 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:27 am

Id really like to see a revenge driven thriller again, as opposed to Max teaming up with a cause as such; let's see him lose something again and be driven by pure vengeance ala the first movie.
scfc68
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 12:12 pm
Location: Stoke On Trent, England

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby draknoir2 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:31 pm

scfc68 wrote:Id really like to see a revenge driven thriller again, as opposed to Max teaming up with a cause as such; let's see him lose something again and be driven by pure vengeance ala the first movie.


Right on.
"Two days ago, I saw a vehicle that would haul that tanker. You want to get out of here? You talk to me."
User avatar
draknoir2
 
Posts: 478
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:53 pm
Location: Chicago Area

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby biolumen » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:21 pm

biolumen
 
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Fury Road Sequel - The Wastelands

Postby Turbofurball » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:50 am

Interesting Mad Max fact #569821:

Max gets more time on screen in Fury Road than in Mad Max 1.
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
User avatar
Turbofurball
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:05 am

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest