Valkyrie's death - 30 seconds of continuity free-for-all!

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Valkyrie's death - 30 seconds of continuity free-for-all!

Postby KamicrazyWarGal » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOs0we4XF0U

So I was watching this scene. I had assumed the first truck that Valkyrie dodges was the '73 Ford F-100 that we had seen for the rest of the movie, but I realized it didn't look right from the side, which prompted me to take a closer look. Which is when I noticed, after it races by, the same truck passes by in the background. Then the exact same truck passes her two more times! The Valiant Charger and the Buick also both drive by twice. Not to mention, none of the polecat vehicles actually had poles as they drove around her!

What went on with this scene o.o did they just have trouble getting the right take or something?
KamicrazyWarGal

Re: Valkyrie's death - 30 seconds of continuity free-for-all

Postby Turbofurball » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:36 am

If I had to guess, it's that either they needed more vehicles to be driving past for the length of the shot than were available (it would have looked rubbish if like 3 cars had gone past, needed to look like an overwhelming force), or that too many cars had broken down by that point so they had to double up.
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
Turbofurball

Postby Taipan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:41 am

Hell I'm surprised at the amount of continuity they got right in the whole movie with all those stunts and choreography. I guess those storyboards really helped. I never really noticed the F100 passing by twice, but now that you mentioned it - yeah that scene is kind of messed up continuity wise haha.

If you want some more goofs - check out the Doof Warrior reveal shot. There's a camera vehicle in the back.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby roadwarriormfp » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:13 pm

Your right there, the car which she dodges the first time, front on is the F truck, but side on i think its the monaro.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby MWFV8 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:36 am

Also hard to exactly establish what is and isn't composited into this sequence.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby Uncle Entity » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:55 am

KamicrazyWarGal wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOs0we4XF0U

So I was watching this scene. I had assumed the first truck that Valkyrie dodges was the '73 Ford F-100 that we had seen for the rest of the movie, but I realized it didn't look right from the side, which prompted me to take a closer look. Which is when I noticed, after it races by, the same truck passes by in the background. Then the exact same truck passes her two more times! The Valiant Charger and the Buick also both drive by twice. Not to mention, none of the polecat vehicles actually had poles as they drove around her!

What went on with this scene o.o did they just have trouble getting the right take or something?

In order to fix this:

We can pretend there were many similar trucks and replicas.
We can also pretend we don't see the poles because they were "out of the camera", turning around in circle.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby AquaCola » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:33 am

Taipan wrote:If you want some more goofs - check out the Doof Warrior reveal shot. There's a camera vehicle in the back.

I was always wondering what that was. The continuity they had was insane aswell as all the little details so its only on your 10th+ view you start to pick out tiny errors. I try not take notice of them.
AquaCola

Postby tehCal » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:42 pm

That camera car is in the deep background, it is easy enough to mistake it for an armada vehicle if you don't already know all the cars.

As for continuity, there were definitely a lot of errors (reusing cars that were already wrecked in order to pad out armada shots, repeating the same car in different locations in the armada, even inserting not one but two different CGI Monaros that differ slightly from the real Monaro) and sometimes the crowd shots vary wildly (in the first chase, the Jeep goes from being on the far left of the armada to suddenly being on the far right next to the Doof Wagon -- and in the final chase the car carrier goes from being directly alongside the War Rig to being at the far right and to the rear of the armada). But who cares, the general choreography was stellar, particular for featured cars.
tehCal

Postby Uncle Entity » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:19 am

The camera car seemed to me a special armada car. Just that.
Don't nitpick. Nobody is noticing the vehicles, just the beauty of the scenes.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby AquaCola » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:05 pm

Its insane the level of continuity they do have like for example The Bullet Farm Imperator having a tube with him, then Max kills him takes his tube and puts it on the front of his jacket off screen which he then uses for giving blood to Furiosa.
AquaCola

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road