Page 6 of 10

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:20 am
by AquaCola
New comic was a bit better than the first two but not as good as Max 1, they've all been pretty lacklustre and left me wondering why I bothered reading them. I really don't think George had much if anything at all to do with them. They seem too forced compared to what George was doing in Fury Road. Its more fanfic that anything with trying to tie all four films together as one story never mind the events of Fury Road. Hopefully the game is better and tries to do its own thing rather than trying to tie in with the movie.

Maybe the woman in white is one of the wive's children, The Dag's most likely since Corpus Colossus refers to Immortan as Pa as opposed to my or his.

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:37 am
by Mad Serge
Yes. This is better than the last one.

But, again, I don't agree, even if you dislike, even if it's seems silly and fanfic you can't deny that George Miller was part of it. Also, now we understand : we aren't suppose to care for Max who is a lost cause. He shows that "history repeats itself". He is empty and just a tool now (for Furiosa in Fury Road). It's more darker than the previous trilogy where Mad had more depth and a real character who "redeem" himself in MM 3.

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:21 pm
by flightsuit
I'm glad we got to see some Interceptor vehicular combat action in this one. That was a welcome thing.

I also liked seeing the sunken city, as Fury Road's almost complete lack of artifacts from the fallen cities seemed a bit too surreal.

One thing, though: Isn't that the Sydney Opera House in the foreground of the city? If so, that places Sydney awfully close to Gastown and the Citadel. The Nux/Joe comic kind of implied that when Joe led his gang out of Sydney, they had a long way to go before settling at the Citadel.


Regarding the words Max is chanting or singing to himself while he searches for Glory, what was that all about? Is this the MLK quote somebody mentioned?

It seems interesting, because in the comics and in Fury Road, Max is so non-verbal.

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 pm
by levcore
We don't know that Fury Road takes place sooner after the comic, as another poster said it could be months or years meaning The Citadel could indeed be very far from any former civilisation.

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:16 pm
by flightsuit
No, because Max met Glory's mom at Gastown, which is close enough to the Citadel that the two cities can communicate via heliograph.

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:34 am
by BRC1974
levcore wrote:We don't know that Fury Road takes place sooner after the comic, as another poster said it could be months or years meaning The Citadel could indeed be very far from any former civilisation.


Well Max's hair is short in these comics and very long at the beginning of Fury Road. I'm assuming that a few years must have passed in between.

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:46 am
by P-Tron
Well Max's hair is short in these comics and very long at the beginning of Fury Road. I'm assuming that a few years must have passed in between.


Yes this is true, however the Buzzards are the bad guys in the comic so he mustn't of travelled very far in the year or so it took for his hair to grow that long.

Plus that sunken city was Sydney, so either Sydney was close to the Citadel, Gasstown etc or the Buzzards are all over the wasteland.

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:25 am
by Taipan
flightsuit wrote:Regarding the words Max is chanting or singing to himself while he searches for Glory, what was that all about? Is this the MLK quote somebody mentioned?


Yeah it's a quote from MLK:
"Change does not roll in on the wheels of the inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride your unless your back is bent"

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:46 am
by Turbofurball
P-Tron wrote:... Yes this is true, however the Buzzards are the bad guys in the comic so he mustn't of travelled very far in the year or so it took for his hair to grow that long.
Thats at least 2 years worth of growth.

Source: had a shaved head in my early 20s, grew it out long again, took fricken ages.

Re: Mad Max #1 Comic Book

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:41 am
by flightsuit
Taipan wrote:
flightsuit wrote:Regarding the words Max is chanting or singing to himself while he searches for Glory, what was that all about? Is this the MLK quote somebody mentioned?


Yeah it's a quote from MLK:
"Change does not roll in on the wheels of the inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride your unless your back is bent"




Oh wow, that's what Sarah Palin was getting at when she had her senior moment or was drunk or whatever and gave that speech that everybody found so nonsensical. Interesting.