Page 4 of 15

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:00 am
by PhilC
I hope we get a great doco on the making also. Start to premiere would be good and i'm talking from when things were being planned to happen back in the late 90's. I'm a lil worried some of those featurettes will just be the ones we have already seen of the characters but hopefully not and everything will be new in regards to what is listed as extras. Doesn't look good that there is nothing mentioned about the b&w release that George has spoken of. They could be just holding some stuff back for a future release down the track to milk it a bit more and i'm sure none of us will be that surprised if that happens. But it is said Miller demanded the b&w version be included on the blu ray so not sure what may have changed if it turns out that it's not on there.

Seen nothing on what we will getting on our release down here in regards to extras yet.

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:55 am
by biolumen
rockatansky4073 wrote:Hearts of Darkness style and the Devils Rejects 30 days of hell Doco.

"Hearts of Darkness" is awesome. Thanks for the Devils Rejects tip. Will have to check it out.

Another great one that's in a similar vein is "Burden of Dreams" about the making of Werner Herzog's "Fitzcarraldo".

But I don't expect any MMFR docu to be nearly as interesting as any of these.

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:10 pm
by scag66
There will only be 50 of the Fury Road BoB`s that come with overseas pre orders available in Australia and you have to get an email from Roadshow Entertainment, use the link to pre order the Blu Ray from either Sanity or JB Hi Fi. You then have the opportunity to win one of the 50 BoB`s.

What a load of crap. The only way to get one in the country of ORIGIN no less, is to pre order the Blu Ray, not the 3D Blu Ray, which is what I want and then cross your fingers that your one of the lucky 50 out of God knows how many entrants. And people have the nerve to call downloaders criminals. :o

The Alien Quadrilogy is the benchmark for extras for mine.

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:50 pm
by rockatansky4073
scag66 wrote:
The Alien Quadrilogy is the benchmark for extras for mine.


Holyshit man!
You're right!
How could i forget those things.
They took me a week to go through back in 2003 when it first came out. An hour documentary on every single piece of the films.

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 am
by PhilC
scag66 wrote:There will only be 50 of the Fury Road BoB`s that come with overseas pre orders available in Australia and you have to get an email from Roadshow Entertainment, use the link to pre order the Blu Ray from either Sanity or JB Hi Fi. You then have the opportunity to win one of the 50 BoB`s.

What a load of crap. The only way to get one in the country of ORIGIN no less, is to pre order the Blu Ray, not the 3D Blu Ray, which is what I want and then cross your fingers that your one of the lucky 50 out of God knows how many entrants. And people have the nerve to call downloaders criminals. :o

The Alien Quadrilogy is the benchmark for extras for mine.




That is a load of crap alright. I ain't pre ordering the movie even for a chance to get one of them Interceptors. I want it on the day of release myself and not taking the chance it's still in the post on it's way on the day. It sure is going to be one very limited item down here if that is the case with only 50 being available though. I've seen nothing on that version being released still but checking jb hi fi they are showing a cover art i haven't seen shown before.

144678-L-LO.jpg
144678-L-LO.jpg (34.08 KiB) Viewed 603 times


Not sure if that is final art but hope they will go with something a lil betta than that..

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:52 am
by Artemis Flow
Where is the link to pre order this 1 in 50 chance of getting a model Interceptor DVD in Australia ?

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:03 am
by PhilC
Not sure if it was mentioned but it looks like only the deleted scenes will be on the dvd version.

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:20 am
by scag66
Artemis Flow wrote:Where is the link to pre order this 1 in 50 chance of getting a model Interceptor DVD in Australia ?


It came in an email and I don't know how to get a screen shot of it.

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:17 pm
by PhilC
So does everyone who goes and pre orders from either of those two stores you mention receive that email automatically afterwards? The way i read your post you get the link and then pre order the movie afterwards but am lost on how you received the link in the first place.

Re: DVD / Blu-ray release

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:25 pm
by Yok
Special Features:
Maximum Fury: Filming Fury Road Documentary
Mad Max: Fury on Four Wheels Documentary
The Road Warriors: Max and Furiosa Featurette
The Tools of the Wasteland Featurette
Fury Road: Crash & Smash Featurette
Deleted Scenes