My Thoughts on the movie

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby DetritusMaximus » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:21 pm

battlewagon wrote:forgot to mention one thing. the Buzzard vehicles were epic. I had an idea like that a long time ago (many years ago) and i put it in the modeling section. vehicles with spikes for the purpose of victims/casualties of war falling directly on the spikes and being impaled.

anyways, for the Buzzard vehicles, seeing how they were chock full of spikes and spears, i really expected to see war boys plunging into them and being impaled but i didn't see any of that and that was a disappointment. i mean what is the point of all those spikes if you're not gonna exploit them and use them accordingly. oh well.


I don't think the spikes are for impaling, but to keep people from boarding the vehicles.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:57 pm

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby Gaston444 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:02 pm

My biggest problem is with the last action sequence. The only memorable part in it is the two guys on the hood spitting fuel into the carburators... In fact the action is otherwise quite confused, and you just see characters die without any real reason why it happens...

For example: Max in "Road Warrior" becomes increasingly vulnerable as his ride-along crew is decimated, which takes quite a long time (not the few seconds it took in the early "Fury Road" scene to take out several of Furiosa's escorting vehicles). Then "Road Warrior" Max has to resort to the shotgun as they close in on him... It is a gradual and logical deterioration of his situation (Though I thought the death of the lady with the two crossbows was kind of a throwaway, since she didn't have to leave her post)... In that last "Fury Road" scene, there is no sense Furiosa is gradually gaining on Immortan before ripping his mask off (and she is supposed to be gravely injured on top of that): It just happens, and that's it...

Many characters in that last sequence are killed off in a similar way, and very much unlike "Road warrior", there is no failed attempt to kill, followed by repeated other attempts: Characters are just killed on their first jeopardy... That is poor action sequence writing imho. There was a bit of that in the very first action sequence of "Fury Road" as well, because Furiosa's truck had quite an escort, with heavy Mgs and whatnot, and they all get decimated in the blink of an eye for dramatic effect...

It's not really the lack of visible violence, it's the lack of buid up, or logic, to each of the action events. And I won't even go into that silly ripping off the whole engine intake scene... I thought I could muster a second viewing, but it has proved difficult. The desert scenery is a bit too uniform and oppressive...: It just seems strange that large numbers of people are out there living in such places...

Gaston
Gaston444
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:00 pm

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:15 am

THANK YOU GEORGE...

for giving us FURY ROAD !!!

Image
User avatar
Immortan Joecutter
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 am

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby nardico2007 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:52 am

"The only memorable part in it is the two guys on the hood spitting fuel into the carburators... In fact the action is otherwise quite confused, and you just see characters die without any real reason why it happens..."

I disagree with this. I constantly replay many scenes of that last battle, War Boys shooting the harpoons into the War Rig to slow it down and Max cutting the chains, some of the Volvalini getting killed, especially the one that dodged getting ran over once and then to actually getting ran over. The older woman getting struck in the neck and slowly passing away with a smile on her face, Max getting his hand pinned to his head and left for dead or hanging upsidedown and having Nux kick him rightside up onto the grill of the People Eaters vehicle, the Pole Cats snatching people, Furiosa getting stabbed, Joes death, etc. All these images I replay in my head long after seeing it.
nardico2007
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:01 am

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby Turbofurball » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:59 pm

RedHotRyder wrote:... I'm not sure how they could have added more without it turning into a mindless Michael Bay movie.
Perhaps that's what they were after. Fury Road deals in subtleties and detail at it's core, rather than a child smashing toy cars together making 'booom!' sounds.
Whoever they send here, we're gonna catch 'em, we're gonna cook 'em, and we're gonna eat 'em!
User avatar
Turbofurball
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 5:05 am

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby Immortan Joecutter » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:24 am

This will brighten up your day:

http://thepopcornjunkie.com/2015/05/15/ ... fury-road/

I think it's one of the best written reviews so far.

Just sit back and enjoy..!
User avatar
Immortan Joecutter
 
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 am

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby Mad Max RW » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:55 am

Immortan Joecutter wrote:This will brighten up your day:

http://thepopcornjunkie.com/2015/05/15/ ... fury-road/

I think it's one of the best written reviews so far.

Just sit back and enjoy..!


Haha OK..

Even the phallic symbolism of the cars, often said to be the extension of a man’s penis, are shredded by feminine fury and the driver’s seat of independence is reclaimed.


You were right! The comedic rantings of an internet lunatic brightened my day indeed.
User avatar
Mad Max RW
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:01 pm

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby MFP_1138 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:32 pm

battlewagon wrote:1) for a Rated R movie, it felt rather disappointing. I've seen PG-13 movies that had more graphic violence than Fury Road.
2) not enough action
3) I felt Max didn't change as a character.
4) i wanted to see more of the vehicles.
5) i really didn't like the blatant homages to THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY
6) i wanted to see a scene between Immortan Joe and Mad Max


1. To each their own, but I thought it was tastefully violent...minimal gore and blood, much implied, etc.
2. Seriously Dude?
3. I would argue that there was no need for Max to evolve, and it would be difficult to do so in his given circumstances. From the opening scene, Max is presented as physically, emotionally, and psychologically damaged. He's basically reduced to survival mode and he's barely getting by. He nearly dies in the Interceptor crash, gets turned into a bloodbag, gets strapped to a car, and is nearly killed in another high speed chase. When he finally gets freed, it's probably the first female human interaction he's had in God knows how long. And then he's thrust into surviving even more. There's no reason for him to trust Furiosa or the ladies anyway since he's forced to go along with everything, but the ladies eventually bring the humanity out of Max over time because Max needs them to survive. However, even though he survives, realizing who and what he is, Max is a sole survivor. There is no happy ending...he doesn't get the girl, he doesn't even his gear back, and he doesn't ride off into the sunset. This is Max's world.
4. In my opinion, I'm glad that George Miller didn't show more of them. He avoided them from becoming a farce, and it allowed none to dominate over the other...they were a unified mechanized force.
5. The Dark Knight never crossed my mind except for the fact that I was very impressed by how differently Tom Hardy played Bane vs Max.
6. Max chased down Toecutter, but the oncoming truck did the killing. The head on collision between Max and Humungous was basically an accident. Iron Bar was killed accidentally in the diversion crash. So.....it follows suit that Max doesn't have a direct fight with Immortan.

Just my 2 cents...
"He's in a coma, man. He loves it."
User avatar
MFP_1138
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby MWFV8 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:56 am

battlewagon wrote:I loved the movie from start to finish. However, after reading other reviews, seeing reviews on youtube, and my own personal analysis, I have my disappointments with the movie.

1) for a Rated R movie, it felt rather disappointing. I've seen PG-13 movies that had more graphic violence than Fury Road. When Immortan Joe got his mask/face ripped off, I wanted to see the damage but we barely saw it. When Max tossed marauders off the war rig in the final battle, they fell off screen and I was like, "I want to see them falling completely."

2) not enough action. after the first viewing, I remember leaving the theatre wanting more action. and by action, I mean chases, road wars, vehicles exploding, etc. in many ways, i felt that Road Warrior had more action.

3) I felt Max didn't change as a character. It was the same Max from Thunderdrome. He cares about himself and only himself. then he has a change of heart and decides to help Furiosa. end of story. he didn't develop as a character. there was no depth to him. and it didn't help that he barely spoke.

4) i wanted to see more of the vehicles. more of the doof wagon, the marauder vehicles, that big truck that was carrying marauder vehicles, etc. i wanted to see the Citadel up close and personal, i wanted to see closer shots of those cranes and the green on the cliffs. more of Immortan Joe's lair.

5) i really didn't like the blatant homages to THE DARK KNIGHT TRILOGY. let me explain. Tom Hardy sounded exactly LIKE CHRISTIAN BALE'S BATMAN. when Tom Hardy/Mad Max says "That's mine!" referring to his V-8, I was like, "OMG, he sounds just like Christian Bale's Batman!" the whole blood transfusion was exactly like the blood transfusion in The Dark Knight Rises and it didn't help that Tom Hardy plays Bane and Mad Max. The ending of Fury Road was a duplicate of the ending of The Dark Knight Rises where the 'rising platform' is the last thing you see.

6) i wanted to see a scene between Immortan Joe and Mad Max. a movie is never complete if you don't have a scene between the main hero and main villain.



Excellent points. Overall the movie is a weak comic book version of Mad Max.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
User avatar
MWFV8
 
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 2:06 pm

Re: My Thoughts on the movie

Postby Mad Jan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:18 am

^ What? :lol:
Mad Jan
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 3:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests