New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby KryptKeyper » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:06 pm

I was going through some pictures of the new FR vehicles, the BoB in particular and noticed it's inaccurate in a few places. There's only one tank in the back and it's missing the tail spoilers as well. Could add to theories about this Max being a different Max/ Alternate timelines, etc.
Attachments
BoB20.JPG
Credit to User PhilC
BoB20.JPG (46.53 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
BoB14.JPG
Credit to user PhilC
BoB14.JPG (54.13 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
tumblr_nowgsfOLat1rk8we5o4_500.jpg
tumblr_nowgsfOLat1rk8we5o4_500.jpg (77.09 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
KryptKeyper
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:07 pm

I must confess that a new theory is gaining steam in my mind:

I still think Fury Road is an alternate universe depicting a new continuity.


Maybe Max II wasn't a "conventional cop" of the pre-apocalypse era like Max Prime, but a "Road Warrior" (by his same admission - the War Boys also tattooed that "official classification" on his back), a kind of sheriff/guardian for a post-apocalyptic clan. NO MFP, NO Sun City, no pre-apocalypse Police as in "Mad Max" (1979).
Maybe he used the term "cop" in a figurative way. Because he also claimed: "I was a Road Warrior".
What do you say?

He's 37 years old and the apocalypse happened 33 years before - according to the tattoos on his back.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Re: New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby KryptKeyper » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:17 pm

Definitely something I've been playing with as well. I also hear that FR is 45 years after the apocalypse event as well as the 33 years you mentioned, though I'm not sure which is accurate and Miller refuses to date the thing in any conferences I've seen. I also saw a claim on the Mad Max wiki that FR was originally going to have a character called Drifter played by Mel and that Hardy's Max would be either a different character taking the name of Max or a descendant of Mel's Max. I need to rewatch it again, I'm sure I'm missing some details in all the action.
KryptKeyper
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Re: New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:23 pm

KryptKeyper wrote:Definitely something I've been playing with as well. I also hear that FR is 45 years after the apocalypse event as well as the 33 years you mentioned, though I'm not sure which is accurate and Miller refuses to date the thing in any conferences I've seen. I also saw a claim on the Mad Max wiki that FR was originally going to have a character called Drifter played by Mel and that Hardy's Max would be either a different character taking the name of Max or a descendant of Mel's Max. I need to rewatch it again, I'm sure I'm missing some details in all the action.


Read my website: http://madmaxtimeline.blogspot.com
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Re: New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby Artemis Flow » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:25 pm

KryptKeyper wrote:I was going through some pictures of the new FR vehicles, the BoB in particular and noticed it's inaccurate in a few places. There's only one tank in the back and it's missing the tail spoilers as well. Could add to theories about this Max being a different Max/ Alternate timelines, etc.


Not a theory but fact , Fury Road is not connected to the first trilogy , we have a new Max , a new story and a new Interceptor much like a new Batman and new Batmobile
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
User avatar
Artemis Flow
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby Knightrider » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:40 pm

Artemis Flow wrote:
KryptKeyper wrote:I was going through some pictures of the new FR vehicles, the BoB in particular and noticed it's inaccurate in a few places. There's only one tank in the back and it's missing the tail spoilers as well. Could add to theories about this Max being a different Max/ Alternate timelines, etc.


Not a theory but fact , Fury Road is not connected to the first trilogy , we have a new Max , a new story and a new Interceptor much like a new Batman and new Batmobile


"Luke, you will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
User avatar
Knightrider
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:57 pm

Knightrider wrote:
Artemis Flow wrote:
KryptKeyper wrote:I was going through some pictures of the new FR vehicles, the BoB in particular and noticed it's inaccurate in a few places. There's only one tank in the back and it's missing the tail spoilers as well. Could add to theories about this Max being a different Max/ Alternate timelines, etc.


Not a theory but fact , Fury Road is not connected to the first trilogy , we have a new Max , a new story and a new Interceptor much like a new Batman and new Batmobile


"Luke, you will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."


No what i cant believe is after 6months of George Miller interviews where he clearly states that Fury Road is NOT A SEQUEL people still dont want to know about it (I mean George Miller... PFFFTTT!!! Im a fan and HE IS WRONG!!!) and prefer to live in this strange fantasy land and endlessly discuss something despite the facts being known.

Fury Road is NOT a sequel. The Interceptor is not meant to be exactly the same as the previous version. (As if it could be magically revived after being rolled and blown up!)
We are 100% snafu....
User avatar
roadwarriormfp
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 1999 7:10 pm
Location: Suncity, Australia

Re: New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:08 pm

roadwarriormfp wrote:
No what i cant believe is after 6months of George Miller interviews where he clearly states that Fury Road is NOT A SEQUEL people still dont want to know about it (I mean George Miller... PFFFTTT!!! Im a fan and HE IS WRONG!!!) and prefer to live in this strange fantasy land and endlessly discuss something despite the facts being known.

Fury Road is NOT a sequel. The Interceptor is not meant to be exactly the same as the previous version. (As if it could be magically revived after being rolled and blown up!)


Exactly.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Re: New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby flightsuit » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:22 pm

Uncle Entity wrote:I must confess that a new theory is gaining steam in my mind:

I still think Fury Road is an alternate universe depicting a new continuity.


Maybe Max II wasn't a "conventional cop" of the pre-apocalypse era like Max Prime, but a "Road Warrior" (by his same admission - the War Boys also tattooed that "official classification" on his back), a kind of sheriff/guardian for a post-apocalyptic clan. NO MFP, NO Sun City, no pre-apocalypse Police as in "Mad Max" (1979).
Maybe he used the term "cop" in a figurative way. Because he also claimed: "I was a Road Warrior".
What do you say?

He's 37 years old and the apocalypse happened 33 years before - according to the tattoos on his back.


But in the first Fury Road comic, we see Charlie and Roop, and we see their yellow interceptors. This tells us the MFP existed. I think the only way Max's claim of being a cop squares with this is if we go with the theory that the coastal cities, and a federal government of some sort, managed to hang on for many years while the wasteland anarchy situation depicted in the film simultaneously developed in the interior of the country.
FlightSuit

Funny stuff from me:
http://kraptastrophe.blogspot.com/
User avatar
flightsuit
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:59 pm
Location: Pacifica, California

Re: New BoB Inaccuracies and do they matter?

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:25 pm

flightsuit wrote:
Uncle Entity wrote:I must confess that a new theory is gaining steam in my mind:

I still think Fury Road is an alternate universe depicting a new continuity.


Maybe Max II wasn't a "conventional cop" of the pre-apocalypse era like Max Prime, but a "Road Warrior" (by his same admission - the War Boys also tattooed that "official classification" on his back), a kind of sheriff/guardian for a post-apocalyptic clan. NO MFP, NO Sun City, no pre-apocalypse Police as in "Mad Max" (1979).
Maybe he used the term "cop" in a figurative way. Because he also claimed: "I was a Road Warrior".
What do you say?

He's 37 years old and the apocalypse happened 33 years before - according to the tattoos on his back.


But in the first Fury Road comic, we see Charlie and Roop, and we see their yellow interceptors. This tells us the MFP existed. I think the only way Max's claim of being a cop squares with this is if we go with the theory that the coastal cities, and a federal government of some sort, managed to hang on for many years while the wasteland anarchy situation depicted in the film simultaneously developed in the interior of the country.


That's the scenario of my Fury Road Timeline, minus the MFP. Because this is a clear "reimagining" and I'm building my timelines upon the movies.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests