Was Max already aware of the Citadel and it's inhabitants?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Was Max already aware of the Citadel and it's inhabitants?

Postby BRC1974 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:28 am

At the start of the movie when he is first attacked by the War Boys how far away were they from the Citadel?
I wonder if Max had already known of it's existence but chose to keep his distance from it.
Could Max have even encountered the War Boys before?
BRC1974

Re: Was Max already aware of the Citadel and it's inhabitant

Postby Artemis Flow » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:32 am

I think so , he knew about the Rock Riders in the canyon and what lay out past the salt plains , after all those years and meeting other wastelanders I'm sure he would have known about the Citadel , he certainly done the bolt at the beginning of the movie so he knew what was going down
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:40 am

Remember when Valkyrie is up on that tower, faking the screaming and Max says
"uh uh...that's bait"
Whether he knew about the citadel or not, he just plain knew all the tricks - the signs, the terrain that looked suspicious or handy for ambushing etc.

But yeah i doubt you could travel that area without knowing about all the Buzzards, Warboys etc roaming the area, there were signs everywhere - tracks, wrecks etc.

Not to mention you can spot Gastown a mile away with all that black smoke coming out of it, he had to know there'd be more.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby themanw/oaname » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:23 am

i cant find a direct quote, but he said he told them to leave him alone and they've fought before before the warboys caught him.

i'm pretty sure he was well aware of the citadel.
themanw/oaname

Postby Uncle Entity » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:37 am

themanw/oaname wrote:i cant find a direct quote, but he said he told them to leave him alone and they've fought before before the warboys caught him.

He was referring to the "shadows" of his past/his hallucinations.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby blackmocco » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:10 am

We know he's encountered the Buzzards before anyway. According to the comic prequel, that's where he encounters (and obviously fails to save) Glory.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."
blackmocco

Postby Nightwalker » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:08 am

blackmocco wrote:We know he's encountered the Buzzards before anyway. According to the comic prequel, that's where he encounters (and obviously fails to save) Glory.

I agree. And according to the art of book, the Buzzards live underground. On the cover of the second Mad Max comic you can see Max with a little girl on his back inside an old building.
The art of book also stated that the Immortan gang has all those new car parts from a store/warehouse they found underground. Everything is covered with sand now. So the Buzzards probably live inside big public buildings (hence the pay phone on the cover) of a town or city that is now completely covered with sand.
The girl probably belongs to a group that has been kidnapped by the Buzzards and held 'underground'. The connection of Max with those people (I thought at least 3 in his flashbacks. Girl, mother? and Aboriginal) has yet to be told by the comic.
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Nightwalker

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road