Flashbacks, reflexes... precognition?

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Flashbacks, reflexes... precognition?

Postby Uncle Entity » Fri May 29, 2015 4:32 am

Stamper wrote:It might be a leftover frame from the editing bay (since it's digital editing, they may have copy pasted the moment from later in the film, and not clean up the edit so that one frame remained, unseen ?)

No.

I think Miller wants to suggest that PTSD and precognition - a vague and slight version of it at least - may be somewhat connected... sometimes.

Or it's just an artistic license and Max didn't really see the masked guy in his hallucination.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby Taipan » Fri May 29, 2015 4:46 am

Do you think that there's a theme in FR and the 'extended universe' that's about heightened senses and generally tripping balls?

Max has a flashback to the future. The Dag is the only one sensing things nobody else sees (does it twice). In the game there's a guy that blows some stuff in Max's face to give him new abilities, plus there's a shot of Max with a wolf head in the latest trailer?!

I know I'm not giving any solutions, but there's a theme running here and it's very vague, especially in the movie.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Uncle Entity » Fri May 29, 2015 4:54 am

Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby Stamper » Fri May 29, 2015 9:27 am

I checked the leak to verify, and you're right, the way it's edited the guy with the black mask appears right in sync with the frames surrounding it (Max, the girl) way before he actually does in the film.

That's a nice step up in the MM universe, and it makes me feel The Wasteland have as much surprises in store as MM2 had in comparison to MM
Stamper

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun May 31, 2015 3:07 am

Stamper wrote:I checked the leak to verify, and you're right, the way it's edited the guy with the black mask appears right in sync with the frames surrounding it (Max, the girl) way before he actually does in the film.

That's a nice step up in the MM universe, and it makes me feel The Wasteland have as much surprises in store as MM2 had in comparison to MM

There's also another "precognition" flashback. At a certain point, Max sees the little girl (Glory) running from the vehicles of the Bullet Farmers... that very sequence will be used later in the movie (without Glory).
Uncle Entity

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road