How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby Uncle Entity » Fri May 29, 2015 4:49 pm

EHM.

She moves the arm in any direction. The fingers also move. She doesn't use any form of command for that, except her neural impulses.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2454
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby Knightrider » Fri May 29, 2015 5:06 pm

Uncle Entity wrote:EHM.

She moves the arm in any direction. The fingers also move. She doesn't use any form of command for that, except her neural impulses.


that makes no sense in any context of this or any Mad Max film. Just look at the picture of the thing. It is primitive and home made.

if Immortan Joes people can not build or invent anything new, then please explain the pre apocalypse origin of the DoofWarrior's Guitar. Plus they built that war rig out of salvage, rebuilt the Interceptor, and customized a whole fleet of pursiut vehicles. They showed the garage where it all happened. Plus they built all those pully and gear systems in the citadel, they knew how to operate a refinery and bullet farm, it wasnt like they were incapable of building the primitive looking mechanical arm.

go look at some actual prosthetic arms from older times and you will see it is possible to move the fingers by various methods as early as 1863.
Last edited by Knightrider on Fri May 29, 2015 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
User avatar
Knightrider
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby Furiosa » Fri May 29, 2015 5:39 pm

.
Last edited by Furiosa on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All of life's questions can be answered by MOVIE MAGIC
Furiosa
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 am

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby Artemis Flow » Fri May 29, 2015 6:29 pm

It worked by Therons hand actually being inside the arm to manipulate the fingers like a puppet , a close up look at it shows no motor , batteries or hydraulic pump - movie magic just like Rictus pulling the blower off the War Rig ;)
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
User avatar
Artemis Flow
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby TheWarriorMax » Fri May 29, 2015 7:11 pm

Furiosa wrote:
Artemis Flow wrote:Her arm is merely a movie prop that looks cool , it would not function in real life so not really worth trying to figure out how it works

I dont agree with that. Miller makes sure everything in his movies works for real.

We often hear that but there must be limits to it :).

Knightrider wrote:http://madmaxcostumes.com/information/mad-max-fury-road/imperator-furiosa/mad-max-fury-road-imperator-furiosa-stunt-arm-dayna-grant/

here is good pic you can see a wrench or spanner, lots of electrical tape, and what appear to be car parts, gauges, carburetor linkage, and engine hoses, the fingers are somehow spring operated. The thumb is half of a vice grip wrench. I think their is a gas tank on the shoulder pad and a small motor in the wrist area.

Just to make it slightly easier for us to obsessively analyze for the next 5 years I downloaded it to post here.

Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Imperator-Furiosa-Stunt-Arm-Dayna-Grant.jpg
Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Imperator-Furiosa-Stunt-Arm-Dayna-Grant.jpg (495.55 KiB) Viewed 620 times

http://madmaxcostumes.com/wp-content/up ... -Grant.jpg
TheWarriorMax
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby Knightrider » Fri May 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Artemis Flow wrote:It worked by Therons hand actually being inside the arm to manipulate the fingers like a puppet , a close up look at it shows no motor , batteries or hydraulic pump - movie magic just like Rictus pulling the blower off the War Rig ;)


no one is saying it actually works :? , just as we all know there is a man inside C-3PO. we are saying it is based on logic. It is a fictional invention so it is of course a prop, but still has an explanation as to how it is supposed to work, and that seems to be some form of mechanical motorized operating system and not bionic or computerized. As said before it is explained in greater detail in the art of book. the parts you cant see are not actually there but would be hidden inside the wrist and shoulder pad. much like all motors in anything they are usually inside.
Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
User avatar
Knightrider
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby Furiosa » Fri May 29, 2015 8:57 pm

.
Last edited by Furiosa on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All of life's questions can be answered by MOVIE MAGIC
Furiosa
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 1:14 am

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby Artemis Flow » Fri May 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Knightrider wrote:
Artemis Flow wrote:It worked by Therons hand actually being inside the arm to manipulate the fingers like a puppet , a close up look at it shows no motor , batteries or hydraulic pump - movie magic just like Rictus pulling the blower off the War Rig ;)


no one is saying it actually works :? , just as we all know there is a man inside C-3PO. we are saying it is based on logic. It is a fictional invention so it is of course a prop, but still has an explanation as to how it is supposed to work, and that seems to be some form of mechanical motorized operating system and not bionic or computerized. As said before it is explained in greater detail in the art of book. the parts you cant see are not actually there but would be hidden inside the wrist and shoulder pad. much like all motors in anything they are usually inside.


You answered your own question if it is explained in the book , maybe you can scan the page for the rest of us unenlightened ones
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
User avatar
Artemis Flow
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby Knightrider » Fri May 29, 2015 11:06 pm

Artemis Flow wrote:
Knightrider wrote:
Artemis Flow wrote:It worked by Therons hand actually being inside the arm to manipulate the fingers like a puppet , a close up look at it shows no motor , batteries or hydraulic pump - movie magic just like Rictus pulling the blower off the War Rig ;)


no one is saying it actually works :? , just as we all know there is a man inside C-3PO. we are saying it is based on logic. It is a fictional invention so it is of course a prop, but still has an explanation as to how it is supposed to work, and that seems to be some form of mechanical motorized operating system and not bionic or computerized. As said before it is explained in greater detail in the art of book. the parts you cant see are not actually there but would be hidden inside the wrist and shoulder pad. much like all motors in anything they are usually inside.


You answered your own question if it is explained in the book , maybe you can scan the page for the rest of us unenlightened ones


which question did I ask then answer :) sorry I can't scan my book at my current location perhaps some one else can, it is on page 52 as mentioned by Nightwalker a few posts back on this thread. The book is 39.95 US but most places online have free shipping and offer it for around 29.99. If you are interested in Mad Max enough to visit and post here, then you probably should get this book

the combo wrench attached to the forearm appears to be an in the field repair done by Furiosa herself because the bar it is attached to is broken. I thought earlier it was attached with electrical tape, but in the bigger pic posted thanks to TheWarriorMax it appears to be tied on with black string. Now in the same pic above look just below the wrench at the other forearm bar, it is a small golden cylinder that slides into a larger silver column. It looks like it could have been salvaged off of a car's back hatch door, or a pick up truck's bed cap. There is your hydralic or pneumatic component. Go look at the setup on any hydralic car jack or similar device. Then you can imagine this arm probably has a crushing grip and can support some weight.

and in this pic here you can see up in the shoulder pad how she starts it up, it has a pull string chord like on a lawn mower or chain saw

http://madmaxcostumes.com/information/m ... riosa-top/

I have not seen the movie since last week but am going again this weekend, does anyone remember if that wrench was there the whole time or did she repair it with that wrench sometime during the film
Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
User avatar
Knightrider
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: How Does Furiosa's Arm Actually Work??

Postby Daz » Sat May 30, 2015 1:41 am

she got it from the same place that the new tires for all the cars came from, and the place where all their food came from.
Daz
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:30 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


cron