Original Trilogy Timeline & Fury Road

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Original Trilogy Timeline & Fury Road

Postby Artemis Flow » Tue May 26, 2015 2:00 am

First trilogy - seperate
Fury Road - seperate
Comics - seperate
video game - seperate

no connections do not pass go do not collect 200 dollars :|
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
Artemis Flow

Postby Stef-Man » Tue May 26, 2015 2:55 am

Taipan wrote:
scfc68 wrote:I seem to think you were one of the harshest for coming down on anyone that tried to suggest this?? ;) ;)

I was! And for very good reasons!
All of those theories were pulled out of thin air and nobody could provide solid evidence so for all intents and purposes Fury Road functioned (and I guess still fuctions) as a reboot that's separate from the originals.

Until of course Roop and Charlie showed up out of nowhere, Glory turned out not to be his daughter and this is all coming from George Miller himself. Now Simo says:

DGSimo wrote:Brendan McCarthy says in the art book that Fury Road fits within the timeline and takes place after Thunderdome. Obviously I think the main hang up is you've got a younger actor playing Max otherwise if Mel had done it the chronology and timeline would match up and wouldn't be questioned.

It was pretty much known that Fury Road was conceived as a sequel to Beyond Thunderdome when Mel was in it, but I thought that idea was abandoned when they swapped the actor. When I said that Fury Road IMO fits between RW and MMBT is simply because of the jacket he lost in MMBT. Unless he went back god knows how far to get it back. Max's age would check out too.

and RedHotRyder says:

RedHotRyder wrote:In another thread, Furyroadcars stated that the Interceptor in Fury Road isn't supposed to be the same car that was destroyed in RW. Max supposedly built a new Interceptor. It is, after all, just a mid 70s Aussie Falcon. Max could have found another Falcon somewhere and put together an Interceptor clone.

Evidence is starting to pile up and it's not pulled out of my ass either, it's coming from Miller and his writers and people who worked on the movie. We just don't have enough evidence as of now, that is until all the prequel comic books come out and the video game too, which BTW was also claimed to have nothing to do with the movie until Scrotus turned out to be Immortan Joe's 3rd son and one of the devs said it took place before Fury Road and never mentioned it again. See what those assholes are doing? IF it turns out to be part of the original trilogy after all then I applaud everyone involved for messing with fans for so long and making them lose their freaking mind trying to figure this god damn thing out. I'll see myself out before I start acting like Mulder from the X-Files unless I already do.

Hi Taipan,
You have to trust me on this: Max went back to retrieve his jacket. I have a 1985 french Premiere with pics of the Thunderdome shoot of the very last sequence of the movie. One depicts George Miller adding dust on Gibson, and we can clearly see the jacket under the djellabah thing. I'm not a tech guy, so I can't show you. But I'm 100% positive. We saw in Fury Road how Max is attached to hisold leather jacket, so there's nothing odd to imagine him go back to do some scavenging and find his precious in the way ;)
Stef-Man

Postby seriz » Tue May 26, 2015 3:33 am

seriz

Postby Taipan » Tue May 26, 2015 3:58 am

Thanks seriz!

This satisfies my crazy theory. Fits in with McCarthy's words that FR is after Thunderdome. We won, tin foil hats for everyone, it's a party lol
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby Ol' Coyote » Tue May 26, 2015 4:26 am

wow, wonder why we didn't see that shot of him picking up his jacket again.

about Max building his Interceptor again, i don't know. How could he find such a good conditioned body shell of the Falcon. Most cars looked like wrecks or cannibalized by the time MMBT happened. Unless you have a good place and a great amount set of tools it could happened but it's abit stretching it imo. But the prequel comic background story does said that Max enters the Thunderdome plus to retrieve a V8 Engine for rebuilding his Interceptor.

another thing, so the game is supposed to be connected to the movie right ?

Max has a picture of what might look like his wife and a little girl in his Interceptor in the game, this is before he met Glory and Hope. So in a sense, it could fit the original timeline i guess, but some background stuff was changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hDPmTvqob0
Last edited by Ol' Coyote on Tue May 26, 2015 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know, Hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane."
Ol' Coyote

Postby Uncle Entity » Tue May 26, 2015 4:52 am

Taipan wrote:Thanks seriz!

This satisfies my crazy theory. Fits in with McCarthy's words that FR is after Thunderdome. We won, tin foil hats for everyone, it's a party lol

HAIR:

Max 1 has white streaks in his hair.
Max 2 has not white streaks in his hair.

Max 1 has long hair by the time Thunderdome happens.
Max 2 has long hair by the time Fury Road happens.

Max 1 has no beard.
Max 2 has beard.

EYES:

Max 1 has one pupil dilated and damaged in Thunderdome.
Max 2 has sane eyes in Fury Road.

Max 1 has had a cut on his eyebrow since the RW era.
Max 2 has a cut on his eyebrow because his final Fury Road battle.

JACKET:

Max 1 lost his jacket at the end of Thunderdome.
Max 2 has always had his jacket. The same jacket.

KNEE BRACE:

Max 1 had no knee brace anymore by the time Thunderdome happened. Just bandage.
Max 2 has still a knee brace in Fury Road, despite his knee has obviously healed over time.

Max 1 was 44 by the time Thunderdome happened.
Max 2 is cleary in his late thirties (37), not older, in Fury Road.

BACKSTORY:

Max 1 survived a FAST apocalypse. He was 23.
Max 2 has survived the LONG apocalypse and the LONG aftermath for 33 years. Stated in the movie, see the tattoos on his back. 33 years.

INTERCEPTOR:

The Interceptor in Universe 1 was destroyed during the RW events.
The Interceptor in Universe 2 was damaged at the beginning of the FR events and then destroyed in the final battle.

PERSONALITY:

Max 1 is not psychotic.
Max 2 is psychotic. PTSD.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby seriz » Tue May 26, 2015 5:11 am

Taipan wrote: IF it turns out to be part of the original trilogy after all then I applaud everyone involved for messing with fans for so long and making them lose their freaking mind trying to figure this god damn thing out.

Some fans, also, listen to what Miller said. It's in a future world, far after MMBT. It's a recreation of the character and it's out of question that FR is a MM4...
After people can imagine fan fic... it's possible, but you can imagine whatever you want. A dude think that the apocalypse in Mad Max is a zombie apocalypse and wrote a book about the fact that the Mad Max trilogy and the Romero's trilogy were set in the same world.
You can imagine whatever you want. Max in FR is in fact the Feral Kid, or maybe "Jonathan", the guy we heard about in Mad Max 1 will be Immortan Joe ! The young child who ran on the street will grow strong and will be Rictus Erectus ! :D
We can think that Max is building car replicas of the Interceptor in a cave somewhere, and destroy his car each time he go for a ride...
it's endless...

But at the end of the day, Fury Road will still not be Mad Max 4, black car or not, jacket or not, and more. Its story, Max story, is a remake. What a pity for a Mad Max 4 to tell again the story of a guy who is haunted by his past and will learn to live again in the wasteland, helping some people...
IMHO, the best thing, if you want to connect by force everything, is the "James Bond" idea, like Kennedy said years ago. It's stories told by people, people who met a road warrior named Max.
seriz

Postby Uncle Entity » Tue May 26, 2015 5:35 am

Kudos to you Seriz!
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby Ol' Coyote » Tue May 26, 2015 5:42 am

well this is the new game trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ButHzEB8AO4

"Your Black on Black is scrapped, it's gone,she never be whole again"

so the Fury Road Interceptor could be Magnum Opus lol
"You know, Hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane."
Ol' Coyote

Postby Taipan » Tue May 26, 2015 6:11 am

Oooh boy, what have I done. I'm going to be accused of going off the deep end any minute now.

Gotta clarify. Guys, I'm just entertaining this idea, don't take it too seriously because I sure am not ('tin foil hat' comments). It doesn't change the fact Fury Road is a reboot. Miller said so. But he also put Roop and Charlie in the prequel comic. Why? Because Miller that's why. :lol:
Let me just remind you that a lot of things make sense in the Mad Max universe and its continuity. But then again... Gyrocaptain/Jedediah. For the hell of it.

3352423.jpg
Jedediah in his helicopter
3352423.jpg (22.76 KiB) Viewed 499 times

Alright, carry on :)
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road