Original Trilogy Timeline & Fury Road

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Original Trilogy Timeline & Fury Road

Postby kravec201 » Wed May 27, 2015 3:49 am

Guys, if you look at the gameplay trailer, youll see a couple of shots of falcons with allready attached nosecons, so in this MM universe, The Interceptor allready had most of it looks in production version, for police, car was just a little bit tuned with a bigger and more powerful engine and painted in black, like the Nightriders Monaro. And after annihilation of Interceptor in RW, Max somewhere found a new donor car :lol: Or maybe it is another police car, used by another badass road warrior guy :mrgreen:
kravec201

Postby DetritusMaximus » Wed May 27, 2015 8:28 pm

Knightrider wrote:people are caught up in terminology, reboot means to start over, this is not a reboot, I think this is more like a running change. An upgrade. Like the Klingons in Star Trek, they were originally very human looking, when the Movies came out and had more money they made them look better but this was not to invalidate all the stories from the TV show, they still happened. I am not into Star Trek but the comparison is still valid.

And the punchline to this is in Deep Space 9 when Cisco and the others go back in time to a space station in the original series Kirk era. When Worf is asked about the Klingons of the earlier era, he responds, 'We do not like to talk about that!". Turns the 'running change' into...inbred Klingons?
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:00 pm

I must confess that a new theory is gaining steam in my mind:

I still think Fury Road is an alternate universe depicting a new continuity.

Maybe Max II wasn't a "conventional cop" of the pre-apocalypse era like Max Prime, but a "Road Warrior" (by his same admission - the War Boys also tattooed that "official classification" on his back), a kind of sheriff/guardian for a post-apocalyptic clan. NO MFP, NO Sun City, no pre-apocalypse Police as in "Mad Max" (1979).
Maybe he used the term "cop" in a figurative way. Because he also claimed: "I was a Road Warrior".
What do you say?

He's 37 years old and the apocalypse happened 33 years before - according to the tattoos on his back.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby DetritusMaximus » Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:23 pm

You could translate their use of 'Road Warrior' as something akin to hero worship. Much like the way westerns make such a deal out of 'gunslingers'. Good or bad, they were the 'originals' who (pardon the pun) paved the way thru the whiteline nightmare. They are in awe of ones that came before and fought and survived solo or without something like the Citadel to give them support.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby DGSimo » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Well he was a cop. He was a road warrior when he was a member of the MFP fighting the skags and bike gangs on the highways.
DGSimo

Postby Knightrider » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:53 pm

DGSimo wrote:Well he was a cop. He was a road warrior when he was a member of the MFP fighting the skags and bike gangs on the highways.

Witnessed!
Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
Knightrider

Postby brokenhill » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:11 pm

Well said

DetritusMaximus wrote:You could translate their use of 'Road Warrior' as something akin to hero worship. Much like the way westerns make such a deal out of 'gunslingers'. Good or bad, they were the 'originals' who (pardon the pun) paved the way thru the whiteline nightmare. They are in awe of ones that came before and fought and survived solo or without something like the Citadel to give them support.
brokenhill

Postby Uncle Entity » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:16 am

DGSimo wrote:Well he was a cop. He was a road warrior when he was a member of the MFP fighting the skags and bike gangs on the highways.

Max Prime. Mel's Max.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road