Max's earpiece

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby Uncle Entity » Mon May 25, 2015 8:57 am

Morrisminor wrote:I was at the screening. He finds the ear plug in the bag that he takes from the wives and right there in the rig he puts it in his ear. At the time it suggested a suppression of the voices in his head or to drown out the bickering of the wives. But he had it in there for the duration of the chase.


Jesus they digitally retouched that for HALF the movie, it's insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby danielreal2k » Mon May 25, 2015 11:22 am

The earphone looks 1999-2015 in creation, whereas everything else in the film is 1950's-1980 in date before the great war.
Well! . . arent we a pair..
User avatar
danielreal2k
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:57 pm

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby TheWarriorMax » Mon May 25, 2015 9:00 pm

danielreal2k wrote:The earphone looks 1999-2015 in creation, whereas everything else in the film is 1950's-1980 in date before the great war.

Except for one of Joe's "medals", it's a circuit board and number pad above it, looks 2000s at least to me. I talked about it here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10903&p=107089#p107089
and decided just now to post in an electronics forum and see if anyone has any ideas.
TheWarriorMax
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby Nightwalker » Tue May 26, 2015 1:03 am

I saw that circuitboard too. It is from a cellphone. One off the old fashioned ones with a numeric keyboard. I can't exactly see how big it is. But to judge by the shape, I think it is either a Nokia 3310 or 6500. I had both of them. But maybe it is a completely different model :roll:
I used to work at a cellphone repair company. But I worked at several Sony Ericsson models and Sagem.
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Image
User avatar
Nightwalker
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:43 am
Location: In a country that's 26% below sea level.

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby CouplaDaisygo » Tue May 26, 2015 6:21 am

Anyone notice the Tesla electric car badge on the Gigahorse dash? The first Tesla roadster came out in 2008.
Last edited by CouplaDaisygo on Tue May 26, 2015 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CouplaDaisygo
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:11 am

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby Ol' Coyote » Tue May 26, 2015 6:28 am

Uncle Entity wrote:
Morrisminor wrote:I was at the screening. He finds the ear plug in the bag that he takes from the wives and right there in the rig he puts it in his ear. At the time it suggested a suppression of the voices in his head or to drown out the bickering of the wives. But he had it in there for the duration of the chase.


Jesus they digitally retouched that for HALF the movie, it's insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :|


lol didn't even notice that at the theaters, how awesome is that
"You know, Hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane."
Ol' Coyote
 
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:02 pm

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby TheWarriorMax » Tue May 26, 2015 8:18 pm

Nightwalker wrote:I saw that circuitboard too. It is from a cellphone. One off the old fashioned ones with a numeric keyboard. I can't exactly see how big it is. But to judge by the shape, I think it is either a Nokia 3310 or 6500. I had both of them. But maybe it is a completely different model :roll:
I used to work at a cellphone repair company. But I worked at several Sony Ericsson models and Sagem.

I posted it on an electronics forum, one reply said cellphone from 2000s, but the discussion continues. The 6500 is square so no point in having a board shaped like that, but the 3310 maybe?

If it is a cellphone then most likely that numberpad is not from it The numbers seem much too large and deep, more like a home phone, which made me think maybe they are both taken from a 2000s or up cordless home phone. But of course maybe they are not from the same device.

Anyway the real point is dating the tech, and it seems like it's gotta be 2000s earliest. Is that by far the newest tech spotted in Fury Road? I guess another question, did it even make it into the final movie that way? I can't remember :). I checked trailers and it's in them and the same, although the "connector" on the left side appears to be blue plastic which is much more in line with how standardized connectors on electronics usually are.
TheWarriorMax
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby Artemis Flow » Tue May 26, 2015 11:14 pm

How old is a Glock pistol ? if you are trying to date stuff and there was a Nissan Skyline and Hummer in the movie
* New site Fury Road Vehicles - http://furyroadvehicles.blogspot.com.au/
*Sydney Fury Road Stunt show - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N929gjLLzkk
*Hitler reacts to Mad Max Fury Road - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-_km-xssIA
User avatar
Artemis Flow
 
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby Nightwalker » Wed May 27, 2015 1:05 am

TheWarriorMax wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:I saw that circuitboard too. It is from a cellphone. One off the old fashioned ones with a numeric keyboard. I can't exactly see how big it is. But to judge by the shape, I think it is either a Nokia 3310 or 6500. I had both of them. But maybe it is a completely different model :roll:
I used to work at a cellphone repair company. But I worked at several Sony Ericsson models and Sagem.

I posted it on an electronics forum, one reply said cellphone from 2000s, but the discussion continues. The 6500 is square so no point in having a board shaped like that, but the 3310 maybe?

If it is a cellphone then most likely that numberpad is not from it The numbers seem much too large and deep, more like a home phone, which made me think maybe they are both taken from a 2000s or up cordless home phone. But of course maybe they are not from the same device.

My bad. I meant 6100, not the 6500.
But some of the old cellphones had very large and deep keypads. The plastic keys in the frontcover with the rubber conductive keypad beneath it.
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Image
User avatar
Nightwalker
 
Posts: 1280
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:43 am
Location: In a country that's 26% below sea level.

Re: Max's earpiece

Postby TheWarriorMax » Wed May 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Nightwalker wrote:My bad. I meant 6100, not the 6500.
But some of the old cellphones had very large and deep keypads. The plastic keys in the frontcover with the rubber conductive keypad beneath it.

You nailed it :). Just checked on the thread I made over at AllAboutCircuits and someone said Nokia 6100 and posted this:
Nokia_6100_board.jpg
Nokia_6100_board.jpg (49.86 KiB) Viewed 848 times

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2046/6 ... odrdg1.jpg
Nokia_6100_90.jpg
Nokia_6100_90.jpg (26.27 KiB) Viewed 848 times

Keypad must be from something else as we suspected.

Searches say it was announced in November of 2002. So I guess that's the end of that discussion, 2002 tech is present in the movie. I have too much time on my hands :).
TheWarriorMax
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


cron