Page 7 of 30

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:59 am
by Taipan
Interesting.

In light of this reveal I was thinking about Mad Max: Furiosa that never got made and something caught my attention.

It appears that Mad Max: Furiosa and the 3D anime about Furiosa were in development at the same time from 2009 to 2011.
May 2009: First mention of Mad Max 3D anime, May 2015: Miller confirms anime was about Furiosa, June 2010: Miller working on Mad Max: Furiosa simultaneously with Fury Road.

All plans of a 'Furiosa' additional story fell through after 2011 Broken Hill rains - the production had to focus strictly on Fury Road since then.

Is it possible that the 3D anime and Mad Max: Furiosa were the same thing? Miller mentioned plenty of times that Furiosa has a big backstory which is pretty epic, it would be awesome to see it one day, but it seems like the two other scripts are going to be about Max instead (which I welcome wholeheartedly).

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:10 pm
by blackmocco
Taipan wrote:Is it possible that the 3D anime and Mad Max: Furiosa were the same thing?


Yeah, I'd always assumed they were the the same thing. Miller might just have been feeling out different mediums to present the story. There were probably times he thought FR was never going to get made and this might have been considered a worthy side-project instead.

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:58 pm
by AquaCola
biolumen wrote:Now Miller says Furiosa doesn't have a part in the sequel, only an "interaction" with Max in one of the two upcoming movies, and that "The Wasteland" is only a working title for the movie. He also reiterates that he's doing a small , effects-free movie first.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a ... riosa.html


Maybe Max returns to the Citadel or meets Furiosa in another place because the Citadel has fallen or ran out of water. I really wonder where he will go now and what kind of story the next film will tell.

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:10 pm
by Mad Max RW
biolumen wrote:Now Miller says Furiosa doesn't have a part in the sequel, only an "interaction" with Max in one of the two upcoming movies, and that "The Wasteland" is only a working title for the movie. He also reiterates that he's doing a small , effects-free movie first.

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a ... riosa.html


Get ready for keyboard warriors to start declaring George Miller a misogynist.

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:31 pm
by biolumen
What makes you say that?

2 fast 2 furiosa
‏@salmashayek

CANCEL MAD MAX CANCEL GEORGE MILLER I FUCKING TRUSTED U

3:25 PM - 12 Oct 2015

2 fast 2 furiosa
@salmashayek 3h3 hours ago

wow im so fucking upset

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:00 pm
by Ol' Coyote
As a fan i'm excited that the sequel will have less stunts, as long as there are good fight scenes with zero shaky cam like the first one then i'm in. But i'm a bit concerned that with the less stunt move, it will get lesser score than Fury Road.

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:34 am
by MWFV8
This is why the whole Furiosa story deserved its own self titled franchise and Mad Max should have stayed Mad Max.

Packaging a female centric movie within a male led franchise was an overly complacent move by the studios. What initially helped bring two sides together is clearly going to create a massive divide as Miller is now going to be seen as politically siding with one extreme view over another - when in fact he just wants to continue making great movies.

Let's hope a resolve is found and both the audiences for Max and Furiosa are satisfied.

It's important that, as long time fans, we try to see both sides of the story here and maintain balance. We don't want to become part of the hyperbole.

I'm certainly up for a less stunt and effects driven story featuring Max and certainly up for more about Furiosa.

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:44 am
by seriz
MWFV8 wrote:Packaging a female centric movie within a male led franchise was an overly complacent move by the studios.


It wasn't Miller's idea since the very begining ?

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:57 am
by Taipan
seriz wrote:
MWFV8 wrote:Packaging a female centric movie within a male led franchise was an overly complacent move by the studios.


It wasn't Miller's idea since the very begining ?


It was, but it was also backed by WB in the form of a Xena: The Warrior Princess type TV show that fell through (95-96). AFAIK, the TV show wasn't even that much about Max either. Around the same time (96) Miller met McCarthy and they turned this idea into a movie, with more Max in it because of McCarthy (at least that's what he says).

It's funny how the pendulum swung in the other direction with Fury Road sequels being about Max now, despite the whole deal starting out with Furiosa. Fury Road is in dead center of this transition.

Re: News on the Fury Road sequel: "The Wasteland" !!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:23 am
by blackmocco
MWFV8 wrote:Packaging a female centric movie within a male led franchise was an overly complacent move by the studios. What initially helped bring two sides together is clearly going to create a massive divide as Miller is now going to be seen as politically siding with one extreme view over another - when in fact he just wants to continue making great movies.


Sorry man, but this is nonsense. Complacent move from the studio? The studio had nothing to do with shaping any aspect of Fury Road. They had NO IDEA what the hell they were getting to begin with. The female-centric themes were all Miller. That's the movie he wanted to make. If anything, the studio would have balked at that as the core of a movie franchise predominantly appealing to males, especially when they look at its nearest modern rival, the Fast and Furious franchise. The fact he had no screenplay to show corporate drones at WB means he got away with murder with making this movie, and thank fuck he did.

There'll be no divide because Furiosa's not there. People went to see a Mad Max movie and got Furiosa but that won't hurt the next one.