Fury Road-related Comics (**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**)

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Fury Road-related Comics (**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**)

Postby TheGoose » Sat May 16, 2015 9:24 am

Since the new DC prequel comics are soon coming out,I thought it might be a good idea to start a new thread for any updates. Some of the information here could serve as SPOILERS for the film, so beware.

Here is an image (maybe the cover) to the Max comic.
The description was posted earlier in another forum, and kind of contains a spoiler for the film.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2015/05/no ... s-prequel/
TheGoose

Re: Fury Road-related Comics (**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**)

Postby TheGoose » Mon May 18, 2015 9:11 am

New article about the upcoming comics. There is even a panel showing one of the History Men serving up a Word Burger or two.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movi ... /27518457/

Some highlights:

It's an important project for the director, who worked on the comics with Mad Max screenwriter Nico Lathouris and storyboard artist Mark Sexton. "They're a huge influence on modern culture," Miller says, "and this is the first opportunity of taking something I've worked on and having them rendered in comics. That's a big deal for me."

So, too, did Miller regale Keays-Byrne with the history of Col. Joe Moore, the militant leader of a private army and motorcycle gang when "The Fall" happens, and through oil and water wars, how the man who would be the Immortan built an armada and ultimately finds his place as ruler of the Citadel.
TheGoose

Postby BRC1974 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:15 am

TheGoose wrote:So, too, did Miller regale Keays-Byrne with the history of Col. Joe Moore, the militant leader of a private army and motorcycle gang when "The Fall" happens, and through oil and water wars, how the man who would be the Immortan built an armada and ultimately finds his place as ruler of the Citadel.

Is that a reference to the Toecutter and his gang?
BRC1974

Postby MachRider » Mon May 18, 2015 11:42 am

TheGoose wrote:So, too, did Miller regale Keays-Byrne with the history of Col. Joe Moore, the militant leader of a private army and motorcycle gang when "The Fall" happens, and through oil and water wars, how the man who would be the Immortan built an armada and ultimately finds his place as ruler of the Citadel.

You don't say. Nobody ever saw that one coming. :twisted:

By this point in history, in MM5 I'm fully expecting Mel Gibson playing ex-cop named Maurice, not wearing black leather and driving a car that looks nothing like XB coupe. Ans who's totally a cat person too.
MachRider

Postby banistersmind » Mon May 18, 2015 8:42 pm

Are the comics going to be released in digital format?
I'm on the Licorice Ride.
banistersmind

Postby TheGoose » Wed May 20, 2015 6:56 am

A few preview pages from the comic that was released today:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic ... rtigo-2015
TheGoose

Postby boogiedownroad » Wed May 20, 2015 7:20 am

banistersmind wrote:Are the comics going to be released in digital format?

I can confirm its available on the google play store, thats how I got my copy
boogiedownroad

Postby Knightrider » Wed May 20, 2015 11:57 am

Just got The #1 comic issue Nux and Immortan Joe, without givin away too much --- :o Charlie and Roop!!
Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
Knightrider

Postby Uncle Entity » Wed May 20, 2015 11:59 am

Knightrider wrote:Just got The #1 comic issue Nux and Immortan Joe, without givin away too much --- :o Charlie and Roop!!

WTF?
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby Knightrider » Wed May 20, 2015 12:03 pm

yes, no joke! and the yellow interceptors (only briefly) but totally cool and worth the $4.99 for sure!! I think they are actually trying to connect the new films with the original!

also just picked up the Inspired Artist book and it has some really cool stuff as well.
Step right up, chum, and watch the kid lay down the rubber road, ride to freedom!
Knightrider

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road