Fury Road Cast & Crew Interviews (WARNING! SPOILERS!)

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Fury Road Cast & Crew Interviews (WARNING! SPOILERS!)

Postby PhilC » Sun May 31, 2015 3:22 am

This is a great video of some of what went into filming Fury Road.

Making of Mad Max: Fury Road from ACS Victoria with John Seale ACS ASC and David Burr ACS

https://vimeo.com/127381179
PhilC

Re: Fury Road Cast & Crew Interviews (WARNING! SPOILERS!)

Postby TheWarriorMax » Sun May 31, 2015 7:53 pm

PhilC wrote:This is a great video of some of what went into filming Fury Road.

Making of Mad Max: Fury Road from ACS Victoria with John Seale ACS ASC and David Burr ACS

https://vimeo.com/127381179

I'm only about 30mins in and it's pretty cool so far. Reminds me of just how big the impact of video capable digital SLRs has been on movies and TV, both in the low budget or indie space as well as the big budget stuff. I remember when the first reports of big productions using the 5DMk2 were coming out, it was like wow.

When he was talking about how they first tried Olympus cams with in-body stablization but they didn't like the data output and such, and something about them failing on impacts, and they switched to 5D units. I was waiting for him to say something about custom firmware, like maybe Magic Lantern or something, but he didn't. I've read about some pros using ML but I don't know if it's good/reliable enough for major productions.

Yeah, sorry I went so chatty on just the DSLRs, it's something I used to be really into. Still have most of my gear but hardly ever use it the last few years.

EDIT: If anyone is interested, they later specified that they used 5DMk2's (although he added "initally" not sure if that meant they switched to 5DMk3's later which didn't come out until March 2012), also some Nikons, and Blackmagic cams too.
TheWarriorMax

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road