Street Machine December Issue - Little River

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Street Machine December Issue - Little River

Postby nelson » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:01 am

Street Machine are planing on giving the Little River event a decent write up in the December issue. The journalist Greg Conway has interviewed a lot of the replica owners and those who organised the event to get the story. Full credit to him as I know he has gone to a lot of trouble to check and double check his facts. Look out for some of the great photos they wil be using, all thanks to Daved!

So much effort went into the event it is cool that some recognition will be given in such a largely circulated magazine and that the article has been treated with respect. Now hopefully it comes out as it sounds as though it will.

30 years on and it i bigger than ever.
nelson

Re: Street Machine December Issue - Little River

Postby Last V8-3 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:06 am

I'm excited. Dave's pics are good and there's alot of them.
Last V8-3

Postby cob115 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:00 pm

sounds great ,more mad max stuff to read and pics to see
cob115

Postby Nostalgia » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:43 pm

That's great. I can't wait to see the article when it comes out. As nelson said "30 years on and it is bigger than ever".
"Step right up chum and watch the kid lay down the rubber road back to freedom".
Nostalgia

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:32 pm

This issue should sell like hotcakes,I hope some of you Aussies can snag some extras for us Seppo's that want a copy. I'll pay shipping and everything of course. :)
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby SMart1 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:50 pm

Hi guys, Greg Conway here, aka SMart1 (or Street Machine Art #1, the PC I've been assigned while filling in for deputy editor Simon Telford while he's on rec leave).

The Back 2 The Max yarn is the December issue's lead news story. It's my final fill-in day today and I've yet to see a layout, however what I can tell you is that there is a plethora of available images stored in the relevant server folder for the Art Director to choose from in order to do the edited text justice.

Thank you very much to Nelson for hand-delivering a disc with Dave Doyle's collection; to Peter Barton for fast-tracking the fact-checking of the draft article and for emailing some more top pics; and to Scott Smith, Pat, Troy and Annabel, Dan, and Emil - who I still have to grab a hold of on the phone (apologies, I was seconded onto other stories).

I need to still drum-up a number of paragraphs with respect to the most prevalent Mad Max myths. For example, members of the public are of the impression that a certain number of people passed away during filming; that, for instance, Mel Gibson drove the truck the whole time; and tout a number of different stories regarding the Interceptor's blower arrangement (weren't they run off the air-conditionining compressor?) and so forth and so on.

Now while I finish my stint in 15 minutes' time, I am still obligated to follow up on this endeavour so please feel free to PM me with what you know, or email me at enmasse_comms@yahoo.com.au, so I can collate them for the January issue.

Incidentally, the December 2008 edition of Street Machine magazine goes on-sale Wednesday November 12. It'll have a green LC Torana on the cover, 'FAT.383'.

Ciao for now and thanks once again for every minute spent. Sincere regards,

-Greg Conway
former editor, ZOOM magazine; former deputy editor, Fast Fours magazine
SMart1

Postby Daved » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi Guy's,

Just to let you know Street Machine is out now, it's got a Green LC Torana on the cover.

The Little River reunion is a 2 page spread across pages 10 & 11....
Dave
Daved

Postby nelson » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:38 am

Thanks for the heads up Dave. I got my copy. The pics look great.

I have to feel sorry for Greg who wrote the article, poor bloke spent hours talking to all the replcia owners who attended and he really researched the movie and even joined this forum to submit a great story and sadly not much made it to print. I suppose thats they way the cookie crumbles.

It is cool to see the event in a magazine as it was a special event and the pictures tell the story.
nelson

Postby cob115 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 am

whoo hooo ,i got my 5minits of fame ,saw my baby in the mag plus a few others tooo,pitty it wasnt as long as i thought it would be ,but not to worry mad max rocks
cob115

Postby mad dan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:12 am

I too picked up a copy today, some bloody good shots in there thats for sure. The article is good too. Thanks heaps to Street Machine for keeping mad max alive in print atleast...the rest is up tp US!! ;)

Dan
...sorta slow motion. he leaves the seat, goes through the windscreen, headfirst straight into the tree...right. and then, bounces back through the windscreen. by the time we got to him.. he was just sittin there trying to scream with his face ripped off......whats the matter?
mad dan

Next

Return to Back 2 The Max