Page 6 of 12

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:48 am
by nelson
I agree Z boy this is one of the best thread ever here, this one and Emil's one. Back to my hobby horse, we need a galler page or picture page or whatever so these pics can be stored in one place(with the oner's permission) so that in years to come they are easier to find rather than going through threads or even if the pics are deleted from their original source like Emil's ones were.

Dale,once again thanks for breathig even more life into this movie.

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:06 am
by Donut Dale
zboy again wrote:
Done mate, we will catch up soon I think ;) I just got back from up north but will be off again next week :roll:

p.s this THE BEST thread I've ever seen on here......... (in my opinion guys...)

Thanks Dave. Running lower on pics though. (But still some more to go).

(And yeah, please book me in for a "scag tatt" ... thanks).

Dale
nelson wrote:I agree Z boy this is one of the best thread ever here, this one and Emil's one. Back to my hobby horse, we need a galler page or picture page or whatever so these pics can be stored in one place(with the oner's permission) so that in years to come they are easier to find rather than going through threads or even if the pics are deleted from their original source like Emil's ones were.

Dale,once again thanks for breathig even more life into this movie.

Hey Nelson. Thanks also for your kind comments.

Your idea sounds good and is fine by me. I will get in touch with Emil and Peter soon re. permanently posting pics in a gallery or similar here.

(Nelson, I responsed to your "dragging the guy" query in The Dog At Clunes thread).

Dale

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:00 am
by PursuitSpecial
Dale, did you ever get to handle the sawn/sawed off shotgun from the film?

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:33 am
by Donut Dale
PursuitSpecial wrote:Dale, did you ever get to handle the sawn/sawed off shotgun from the film?

I just reviewed my memory, call sheets and the DVD ...
It looks like Max only had the sawn off when he got into the Black car, and I don't think I ever saw both Max and the Black car together, except for whoever doubled for Mel at Kirks Bridge and the drive off from the "Ambush" scene (with Bubba lying on the side of the road), but can't recall seeing or handling the sawn off.

Do you know if it was actually plastic as Goose's firearm was?

(I intend to post more "on location" pics over the next few days. Don't have many more, but some of the Mazda Bongo van crash, couple more at Clunes, the sidecar "intercept", Seaford Pier and a couple more at Kirks Bridge).

Regards

Dale Bensch

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:15 pm
by mscar2783
Mr. Bensch,

As the other guys have stated, thank you so much for posting these jewels of a photo collection and for adding your encyclopedia of Mad Max/stunt knowledge to the forum! As you previously stated, I find myself using your words of being " Flabbergasted! Astonished! Dumbfounded! Amazed!" I immensely regret not being able to attend the Reunion to meet you, other crew/cast members of both films and other fellow MM fans.

Should you ever find yourself in the New York City area in the U.S., please don't hesitate to get a hold of a few of us Mad Max fans and replica Interceptor owners in this area, for us to repay your generosity of sharing with us. We'd be happy to show you NY hospitality!

Mark Scarselli
Kingston, NY
scar2783@yahoo.com

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:42 am
by Donut Dale
mscar2783 wrote:Mr. Bensch,

As the other guys have stated, thank you so much for posting these jewels of a photo collection and for adding your encyclopedia of Mad Max/stunt knowledge to the forum! As you previously stated, I find myself using your words of being " Flabbergasted! Astonished! Dumbfounded! Amazed!" I immensely regret not being able to attend the Reunion to meet you, other crew/cast members of both films and other fellow MM fans.

Should you ever find yourself in the New York City area in the U.S., please don't hesitate to get a hold of a few of us Mad Max fans and replica Interceptor owners in this area, for us to repay your generosity of sharing with us. We'd be happy to show you NY hospitality!

Mark Scarselli
Kingston, NY
scar2783@yahoo.com

Hey Mark

Thanks heaps for your kind comments. Never thought too much of visiting the U.S., but your offer puts a different perspective on it. Hmmmmm.
New York makes me think of Sex and the City, as I am a fan of Carrie and the girls. (Should I have admitted that? .. oh well, I did! :roll: ). A bit different to MM huh?

Cheers Mark

Dale Bensch


Some more pics ... Not too fantastic in the quality department, but I think they'll be of interest:

Stunt coordinator Grant Page (wearing his CUNNING STUNTS top) planning the Mazda Bongo "milk" van crash:

Grant's practice run:


Moment of impact:

Cheers all
Dale

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:07 am
by mscar2783
Mr. Bensch,

Believe me, it's my and everyone else's pleasure! No problems with Sex and the City. Hey, I think that they made it in part, for us guys to hopefully try to understand women! It was even written and created by a man. I must admit though, it's a completely accurate dramatization of women in NYC though. When I purchased my first XB GT, John Taverna and his mates from Melbourne loved the City. It seems you Aussie gents with your accents have the woman chasing you all over the place! I on the other hand made it down there a few years ago and loved it. If it wasn't for that God forsaken flight, I'd be there a few times a year.

I sent you an message in regard to Hemmings publications ( which I am not affiliated with in anyway ) here in the States. Let me know what you think...

Mark Scarselli
Kingston, NY

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:00 pm
by roadwarriormfp
bejesus.... I dunno how many more times i can say wow.

So here goes.. wow!!!

Truely amazing photos Dale.... a piece of history!

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:01 pm
by Donut Dale
mscar2783 wrote:
It seems you Aussie gents with your accents ...

Mark Scarselli
Kingston, NY

Oh, I thought it was you American gents with your accents.? lol (I think it would be the other way around when you visit Australia).
And even though you drive on the right side of the road, we think that right is wrong, which Toecutter believes is a wonderful philosophy we have, and Bubba's view is that perhaps it's the result of an anxiety.
:)

Come to Australia: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_TB6onHVE (Thanks to "Cueball" Dirk in Germany for the link).

Cheers Mark
Dale Bensch

Re: Donut Dale Little River 08

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:35 pm
by mscar2783
Dale,

Well I do have to admit that my accent worked well to my advantage when I was last in Oz. I felt like a rock star with some of the ladies. However, I think you guys make out a lot better when you're over here!

Mark