B2TM 25th Annaversary Reunion...

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Postby MFP1 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:23 am

So, it seems to me after watching the B2TM DVD (totally awesome by the way, if you were there or not, especially if you were sadly not like me), that several of the key folks mention a strong desire to have an even bigger, more spectacular (is that even possible?), reunion on the 25th annaversary of Mad Max 2. It does seem like a spectacular idea.... possibly incorporate another event like a tour or convoy visiting the Mad Max 1 locations. I would also like to see a bigger display of the existing leftovers from the film (like the cobra truck, and the interceptor wreck.... maybe the "Aspen Moat Stunt, vehicle" shown in WTWYA, etc.) I am sure with the sucess of the first B2TM, many more celebritys will show (Maybe vernon Wells, Or Bruce Spence, any extras from the film and more). Well I think its on the way, but are they going to make new replicas to replace the ones that sold?
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:29 am

I would NOT be missing out on this one thats for sure, i don't care if i have to drag my MAZDA 626 through the outback, i gotta make it this time.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Postby MFP1 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:45 pm

I am totally with you there Rock,

I am already planning and saving, wont reasonably be able to ship my XA back, but I can bring myself, and I plan to go to all the locations, mm1 & mm2, weather or not there is an official trip planned. I guess I am just trying to make sure that they are truly planning it, that the 21st anv. reunion was a trial run for the "Big Show" in 2007. I would be very glad to help somehow, possibly by contacting the current holders of some of the old vehicles, or anything. I just want to see it happen. I sure would like to go to that 25th anv. mad max reunion thaeir having in december too!
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:01 am

we're just gonna have to keep watching the MAD MAX FAQ notice board i guess.

Though ADRIEN UK. is possibly moving to AUSTRALIA next year, and we're gonna try and hook up in the next few years and do the MAD MAX LOCATION pilgrimage, be better if it can coincide with the ANNIVERSARY.
rockatansky4073

Postby MFP1 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:46 pm

Well that sounds totally cool. Well I can at least beg that if the supremely cool folks who organized the event last time are not going to do it, that they let the world know, and like now, so that others could take up the reigns and attempt to make it work. Seems to me that its too good a thing to let pass. I hereby volenteer to do my part to help, what little can be done from the USA anyhow. Everyone keep your eyes peeled for the "MadMaxCars.com Presents" Carshow in Seattle this summer. See the g-boy outfit info thread posts (costume forum)for some little details I know so far. It may not be B2TM but it will be totally cool!!!
MFP1

Postby AdrianUK » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:40 pm

Well Rock, there is a pile of documents on there way to the relevant people so hopefully i'll know soon enough.

Tell you what though, it's a good job brad coulter and dave doyle were on hand the last trip or i'd never have found any locations, i'm directionally illiterate! LoL!
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:11 pm

Yeah, bit panicky about that myself, i get lost in HOBART.

If ever i was gonna do the LOCATION PILGRIMAGE, i was just gonna print out all PETER's directions, he he.Image
rockatansky4073

Return to Back 2 The Max