Website defaced

Back 2 The Max - Little River, 10 - 12 October 2008 (and formerly Broken Hill, July 12-14 2002)

Website defaced

Postby Wrinkles » Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:33 pm

If the f**king smartarse that has hacked into the back 2 the max website and buggered it up is reading this - you might think you're pretty funny and a real tough guy. ....well, I've got a proposal for you..... how about you show up in Broken Hill next weekend and reveal yourself.... then we'll see just how f**cking tough you are!

Wrinkles

Website defaced

Postby Wrinkles » Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:26 pm

....yeah, well... site has been fixed now, thanks to Peter Barton. I probably shouldn't have posted the initial message, but it was done in a moment of rage. I'm still sticking to my proposal though!

Of course, I think my outburst was justified - imagine the horror when I went to check for any updates, only to find some lowlife had hacked into the site! .....because, after all....

THERE'S ONLY 8 MORE SLEEPS!!!
Wrinkles

Website defaced

Postby Peter Barton » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:46 am

Mostly these types of attack are just indiscriminate hackers, I very much doubt it was targeted at the Back 2 The Max site specifically. This happened about 18 months ago on the madmaxmovies.com site, and a bunch of other sites hosted on the same system as mine got hit too. Nothing malicious was done, it was really just a "look at me, look at what I can do!" type message by the hackers.

I expect the same has happened this time, someone has found a security hole and just run around to see how many sites they could hit. As you've seen I've fixed the site, and the issue has been raised with the guys hosting it so that they can patch the hole.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Website defaced

Postby DaFax » Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:19 am

What kind of dickhead would hack a good site like this, why don't they be productive and wreck a site like, say, the Liberal Party web site?
DaFax - XB Coupe
DaFax

Return to Back 2 The Max