That offensive to Muslims cartoon

Two men, hand to hand, no jury, no appeal, no parole. Two men enter, one man leaves. (Put all your off topic bickering here!)

Postby Biker » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:01 am

Seems as though that Hamza cleric was long overdue for the slammer. Now if that kind of literature and video evidence had been found at a member of the BNP home what would the actions of the cops been then?

Seems the UK governemnt are kicking up a fuss, according to the news this morning, accusing the Imams (equivenlent to a Priest, I guess) of exaggerating the actual content of the cartoons to incite a violent reaction. "Now now you shouldn't be doing that chaps becuase it's not a good thing to do. It just ain't cricket." Maybe they'd wake up finally when the black flag of Islam is flying over Downing street. >sigh< and people ask me why I moved to France. The French attitude is a little more hard line that that and they don't actually tolerate very much of that kind of behavior. I don't have much repsect for some of the policies but I admire the man of the streets opinion more so than my own when it came to protesting against a greivence. If I had something to complain about I'd just moan at my fellow workmates about it or post something on a website forum. the French will take it to the streets and then get something done about it too. Remember the petrol blocakes a few years ago in the UK? See what kind of impact it had on the price of 4star? Nothing. If the French did that they'd still be blockading it now and prices would have dropped dramatically and stayed down too. Moan moan moan. What I'm trying to say is that Abu hamza and his croanies would have been put behind bars years ago if they'd been here in France. The English government ar eplaying with fire if they think they can speak to these radicals in any sort of rational way.

As Moko said, their religeon is based upon the sword, it's the only langauge they understand. Sadly no one in authority is going to understand what that really means until the sword is at their throat. I just hope that somewhere there's a program running where the powers that be are monitoring this redaical behaivior and can put a stop to it before it happens. I wonder too just how many things are stopped before the sh*t hits the fan by covert actions by the authorities under the evidence of inteligence gathered from surveilance. maybe it's beter to have someone like hamza out on the street than have it buried deep underground where it can't be seen but is festering away just waiting to boil over. Hmmmm deep and worrying thoughts for a Thursday morning.

Thanks for the very informative replies fellas. I think this discussion has run its course now, unless you want to comment on anything else of course.

I've had my rant, I just don't know if I'm happier for it now or even more worried about what the future will bring for the western world in light of some of the thngs Adrian brought to the table here. Shiiiiiit scary stuff!

Just watch your back fellas and keep that sword sharp.

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Postby Major_Tom » Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:25 am

..And keep your wheels juiced up.

"Remember him... when you look at the night sky.."

"..I will!"
Major_Tom

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:21 pm

Biker dude i seen a special on tv about how France is letting the ragheads run the show and hell what about the rioting that just happened a few months back all over two urine colored asshole ragheads getting zapped in that elect. building hiding from the fuzz.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby OverheadCam » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:50 pm

Arhhhhh!...So this is where you've all been hiding...thought its been quiet on the "General Forum"

"Nice doggy..Nice Doggy!?"
OverheadCam

Postby Major_Tom » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:07 pm

Ja, ze general forum is patrolled by ze reichs imperial guardsmen so ve are forced to hide in ze shadows and ze sewers like rats.

"Remember him... when you look at the night sky.."

"..I will!"
Major_Tom

Postby Bugsgecko » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:27 pm

Been interesting reading this thread. Started off from someone asking about those cartoons and trying to understand the fervour surrounding the issue...then it basically became a sl*gging contest to see who could bag the most shyte out of Muslims.

Now before you jump down my throat and remind me that this area is for off topic stuff and you have every right to express your opinions,explain this to me.......how is everyone's racist comment any different to that from an extremist Muslim mouth ? You're complaining Muslim's are trying to shovel Islam down our throats with no tolerance to our Western ways/beliefs and yet that's what these comments are stating,in the reverse IE " adopt our ways or be labelled a rag head terrorist".

Now as it was explained several months ago, on a certain Melbourne radio station by a Muslim man,Islam is not like the Catholic church where there is one head of the church(the pope) with only one set of beliefs and/or laws/rules dictated throughout the world,from the bible.Islam is interpreted in many ways,with each area interpreting their own set of beilefs and ideals from the Koran,with no over-seeing head to correct anyone.

There are many Muslims who are accepting of other beliefs,gay and lesbian people,religious traditions(like Christmas),beach bathing with intergrated genders,other races.....the list goes on. Last Christmas(for example) many Muslims in Melbourne publically asked everyone to decorate the streets,put up Nativity scenes and to celebrate Christmas as usual in the schools,as they also recognised and celebrated the importance of Christmas but yet the PC brigade had previously demanded "no more public displays of Christmas as it will offend Muslims".

Now who is to really blame for this blanket intolerance of Islam and the "accepted" portrayal of their ideals and intolerance of "Western" ways ? Perhaps the media have successfully played upon our fears too much and created an intolerant generation to equal that of the Islamic extremists.There are many good people within any one group,don't allow the very few vocal ones to colour your view of another people as a whole. Or you will become what you so despise in the other person.

And no,before you ask,I'm a pagan heathen with no ties to any organised religion and I ride my broomstick every other day Image
Bugsgecko

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:52 pm

Very well said, Bugsgecko.
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

Postby AdrianUK » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:23 pm

Bugsgecko,

I fully understand the points you are making but there are a couple that aren't strictly true, a true muslim is not accepting of homosexuality, it is forbiden in the qu'ran, If I were to speak to muslims here about beach bathing with integrated genders I would be flogged and hung from a lamp post.....literally,and not by extremists either!!

The 'over-seeing head' is the qu'ran itself,it is not supposed to be interpreted in any way but of that it is written,a muslim cannot choose what he wants to believe or not believe in just because he comes from a different country or area,the book is to be followed as written or he is not a true muslim, because certain passages of the qu'ran are taken out of context and twisted to suit the individual, the 'peace'loving nation of islam is perceaved as something totally different!

Yes, the media can whip up a frenzy and feed us propaganda when it suits them to use scare tactics,but what we all witnessed over the last week was not perpetrated by a 'few' in one area but an 'intolerance' by many all over the world! which is odd considering that islam roughly translated means 'Tolerance and peace'! go figure!
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby Redd4 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:09 am

I think there's been a slight over-reaction in the Muslim world. National Lampoon published a couple specials of "Cartoons Even WE Wouldn't Dare Print", (of course, by publishing this, they printed them) which featured Jesus in several cartoons of questionable taste. Funny stuff, I thought, and the Christians didn't seem too put out. It could be they just didn't notice, but still.

I also hope those who are laughing at the Muslim boycott of Danish goods had as good a laugh at "Freedom Fries". Both are hilarious.
Redd4

Postby Bugsgecko » Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:38 am

Adrian-

Our newspaper published many photos of Muslim men,women and chldren playing/swimming at a public beach,last month, with many non-Muslim beach goers near by. They were quoted as saying "we don't get hassled and we're happy to share the beach with everyone else ".

There are several queer Muslim groups,with a few young Islamic men and women stating " my parents are accepting of my sexuality but I wouldn't like to be gay in Iran where they have a different interpretation of the koran".

I have heard a discussion,on radio,between 4 Islamic men from different countries/areas and they have explained the many large and small differences in the way each was taught the Koran while they were growing up.

Same book,same religion,different ideas.

Bugsgecko

PreviousNext

Return to Thunderdome